Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 1:58:23 PM EDT
I am trying to get a genuine dissipator upper from Bushmaster, but all i have seen are put togethers or junk---I like the look and want a free float forearm that comes up real close to the muzzle---I am assumiong this is possible with the dissipator since it takes those long handguards with just the stubby little bbl sticking out----any help is greatly appreciated---thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
gds enterprise
eagle firearms
ranierarms
bushmaster

all sell the dissipator upper from bushmaster and can all be found in the industry forum.

cmmg also offers a copy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Gunbroker.com sometimes has the best prices. Use the search.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#3]

I like the look and want a free float forearm that comes up real close to the muzzle---I am assumiong this is possible with the dissipator since it takes those long handguards with just the stubby little bbl sticking out

Yes, the dissipator configuration takes a standard rifle length handguard=> stubby appearance.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to run a genuine Bushmaster Dissy upper, most FF handguards will require you to shave down the gas block (which is set up at the same position as the carbine FSB) or replace the gas block with a low profile version from Larue Tactical, PRI, etc. The FSB on a Bushmaster Dissy is not part of the gas system. Also, if you're thinking of a FF handguard you should get the M4 profile Dissy upper, otherwise your rifle will be front heavy. IIRC the lightest FF handguard is the Daniel Defense rifle length. Most popular is probably the Larue Tactical rifle length. Heaviest would be the Troy or Samson rifle length (although to be fair, these last two are easier to install since you don't have to remove the FH, FSB, or gas block - just cut off the delta ring assembly with a Dremel tool).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top