Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 12:36:07 PM EDT
I know that you have to remove the detla ring. Is it possible to remove the delta ring without taking off the front sight? I thought you might be able to do this by taking off the barrel and sliding the delta ring off the breech end of the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:57:32 PM EDT
Yah, don't take the front sight off. You can either remove the barrel (thats what I did) or cut the delta ring off with a Dremel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:04:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By unclemoak:
I know that you have to remove the detla ring. Is it possible to remove the delta ring without taking off the front sight?

that is the only way you can do it.

I thought you might be able to do this by taking off the barrel and sliding the delta ring off the breech end of the barrel.

That is the proper (non destructive) way to do it.

The quick & dirty involves a dremel tool and a cutoff disk, then you can avoid removing the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:43:13 PM EDT
So how do you remove the gas tube without taking off the front sight? Is it okay to flex it enough to slide out the front of the reciever to th eside of the sight or do you have to pull it back through the reciever?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 3:53:18 PM EDT by M700Police]
Yes, the tube will slide right by the front sight. Just knock out the pin, slide the tube backward out of the block, and pull forward to remove.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:01:29 PM EDT
There is no need to take the gas tube out for installation of a MRF-C if you are going to leave the FSB on and dremel off the delta assembly.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:02:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:24:38 PM EDT
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes with my question, but at the very least it pertains to a Troy MRF-C installation. I followed the directions that came with it and referernced the very informative How To Guide Falarak did (which got me through the installation on my Larue FF Rail) on this particular item and after looking through on the board I am still somewhat stumped. I'm to the last step where I'm supposed to snap the lower part of the rail into place and then pull it back to lock it onto the detent. My question and problem is that with the handguard cap on I can't push the lower rail in far enough to get the rail into the slots far enough to pull it back. It seem that the cap is in the way. Did I miss something? I'm sure I've seen every one of these setups with the cap still in place. Assuming I explained my problem good enough any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:19:07 PM EDT
I use to have a Troy MRF-C, but that's another story......

Did you use a detachable carryhandle to make the rail and upper flush? I originally installed it on my M4, and the front handguard plate will rub the rail. Try putting a vertical grip on the lower rail and using your body weight to push down and back. Or put the rifle on it's stock and try pushing down and back. It will be a tight squeeze. There will be two marks on the lower handguard plate from the rail.

Getting off again will be another problem.

I switched to the SAMSON and it was much easier to install. No more making sure the detente is centered on the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:27:53 AM EDT
Just Dremel off the Delta Assembly.
I've done 4 AR's this way.
2 Sampson's
2 Troy's
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:50:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bub007:
... I'm to the last step where I'm supposed to snap the lower part of the rail into place and then pull it back to lock it onto the detent. My question and problem is that with the handguard cap on I can't push the lower rail in far enough to get the rail into the slots far enough to pull it back. It seem that the cap is in the way...

I ran into that same problem when I installed a mrf-c on a LMT 16" upper. I had to struggle with it for about ten minutes before the lower rail popped into place. The problem was the height of the bottom tab on the cap was preventing me from getting the lower rail down enough for the ears on it to mate up with the slots on the rail system. I thought about whacking the rim of the cap with a small rubber mallet to drop it a millimeter or so but just when I was about to reach for the mallet the rail popped in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:13:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pas59:

Just Dremel off the Delta Assembly.

I have heard of others doing the same.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:34:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:

I have heard of others doing the same.

You mean like 3 or four times in the first half dozen replies?
Top Top