Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 1:50:55 PM EDT
I see that noveske is gonna be making a lightweight 18 inch SPR barrel in Jan '06 (so soon!) anyone make whole rifles with em out of factory or am I gonna have to get all teh aprts together and find someone competent to pop the barrel in upper?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
CMMG

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=289813

They're prices are too rich for my blood....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
DSG Arms has some Armalites with 18-inch barrels work done by ADCO.

DSG Arms Armalite website link
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:04:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see that noveske is gonna be making a lightweight 18 inch SPR barrel in Jan '06 (so soon!) anyone make whole rifles with em out of factory or am I gonna have to get all teh aprts together and find someone competent to pop the barrel in upper?

As much as you buy/sell/trade configurations, I'm surprised you haven't spent the very minimal funds required to do this sort of work yourself!

I do the same thing, swapping everything all the time, and the hundred$ or so I had to spend on the action block, barrel wrench, and a few other pieces payed for themselves after just 2 daniel defense forend installs.

I'm completely not mechanically inclined, but I can swap the barrel on an AR :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#6]
i've seen it done, still afraid.  Then again, I feared the lower build till I did it....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i've seen it done, still afraid.  Then again, I feared the lower build till I did it....

To me, the upper was EASIER than the lower, it's just that the upper required special tools while the lower did not.

If you can assemble a lower, you can swap the barrel on an upper... I promise!

ETA:  Now that I have my first AR10, I'm considering puchasing the action block and barrel wrench to do my own swapping on these too!  In fact, if I can get my hands on one of those PRI blocks that work for both the AR10 and AR15, I bet we could come to an arrangement for my Peace River AR15 action block
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think RRA has some bull barrel 18" rifles?

Buddy of mine in the SCHP bought one to carry in his cruiser. Currently, he's looking to blacken the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
RRA 18" ss 1:8 twist , # ar0218asy -$225
weaver type gas block .920dia. in front of sight base, 1.050 under handguard
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
RRA 18" ss 1:8 twist , # ar0218asy -$225
weaver type gas block .920dia. in front of sight base, 1.050 under handguard

huh?  I get 1025$ for what I want...... ?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Rock River Ams catalog #8(from before ban expired i think)

18" varmint-$975
18" varmint upper-$525
18" varmint barrel-$225
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
www.pof-usa.com/DSC0224031.JPG
POF-USA TEAM SHOOTER: GARY MOWERY, SHOOTING & COMPETING WITH OUR 18" GAS PISTON SPR WEAPON SYSTEM.                                                                                               P-415-18-P12SX-CF (SEMI-AUTO, 18" GAS PISTON UPPER/RIFLE, P-12SX(SLIM EXTENDED VERSION), CONTINUOUS FLUTED,                                                                                                 HEAVY PROFILED, ROCK CREEK 4150 VANADIUM, 1:8 TWIST "5R" POLYGONAL BARREL.  
OUR 18" SPR BARREL WEIGHS: 1.93 LBS.
COMES STANDARD, WITH M4 BARREL EXTENSION AND CHROME LINED.

THIS GAS PISTON UPPER & WEAPON SYSTEM IS AVAILABLE NOW.
THIS WEAPON SYSTEM AND MANY MORE NEW ITEMS WILL BE DISPLAYED AT SHOT SHOW.
(SHOT SHOW, BOOTH# 22067).
BEST REGARDS,

FRANK
PATRIOT ORDNANCE FACTORY (POF-USA)
WWW.POF-USA.COM

looks VERY nice, but a li'l too much cash for me.  I'm a HUGE pof fan though and will soon be bombarding my HK's with POF mags and gear!  Love the piston upper too.   keep up the good work!

UPDATE:  I'm having a industry partner build me a rifle.  Gonna have an 18" 1:8 barrel, PRI gas block, Samson rail, RRA trigger, VLTOR stock, SPR grip, vortex FH, just need to pick the optic and buis now!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
POF-USA TEAM SHOOTER: GARY MOWERY, SHOOTING & COMPETING WITH OUR 18" GAS PISTON SPR WEAPON SYSTEM.                                                                                               P-415-18-P12SX-CF (SEMI-AUTO, 18" GAS PISTON UPPER/RIFLE, P-12SX(SLIM EXTENDED VERSION), CONTINUOUS FLUTED,                                                                                                 HEAVY PROFILED, ROCK CREEK 4150 VANADIUM, 1:8 TWIST "5R" POLYGONAL BARREL.  
OUR 18" SPR BARREL WEIGHS: 1.93 LBS.
COMES STANDARD, WITH M4 BARREL EXTENSION AND CHROME LINED.

THIS GAS PISTON UPPER & WEAPON SYSTEM IS AVAILABLE NOW.
THIS WEAPON SYSTEM AND MANY MORE NEW ITEMS WILL BE DISPLAYED AT SHOT SHOW.
(SHOT SHOW, BOOTH# 22067).
BEST REGARDS,

FRANK
PATRIOT ORDNANCE FACTORY (POF-USA)
WWW.POF-USA.COM

All that planning, expense and time and you are shootin WOLF? Ahhhrrg!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey, thanks a BUNCH Randall!  I wondered about that, and now I know!  (and knowing is half the battle )

I tried to order an AR10 clamp from Armalite, but they're backordered...  Thanks to your input, I'll just wait

Quoted:

Quoted:
In fact, if I can get my hands on one of those PRI blocks that work for both the AR10 and AR15, I bet we could come to an arrangement for my Peace River AR15 action block

Onslaught-

Don't dump your clamshell action block.
They are superior to the PRI receiver block that works for both the 10 and the 15.
You can break a receiver if the barrel nut is tight enough and you are only holding it from the pivot and takedown pins.
Ask me how I know...

Where the PRI block is nice is working on the top of the rifle or indexing a YHM handguard tube etc.
Holding the receiver from the bottom lets you eyeball the alignment better.

I have almost all the receiver blocks/barrel wrenches/action blocks and each has some job that it does really well, but none of them do it all really well.
Also look at the DPMS "Claw" action blocks as they have a piece that comes up into the receiver which supports the receiver so you don't overload the lugs when you twist on it real good.

P.S. - In an effort to keep the thread "on topic"...

Chapper - ADCO has their 18" SPR with mid-length gas system on special for $255!  If I wasn't knee deep in AR10 right now, I'd buy one just to save for later.  I really like the mid-length gas system, the 18" barrels, and the Dissipator look.  Can't think of a more perfect barrel for that combo!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Thanks for the nice comments. We strive to manufacture a quality product at great value to the consumer. Our 18" gas piston upper P-415-18-P12SX-CF upper will retail for $1075.00

This semi-auto gas piston upper comes with:
18" Rock Creek 4150 vanadium, 1:8 twist, "5R" polygonal, heavy profiled, fluted, M4 barrel extension, chrome lined barrel (BARREL WEIGHS: 1.93 LBS.). Predator P-12SX (slim, extended version), free float tactical rail, Ergo/Magpul ladder rail covers, Vortec flash hider, FTA-2005 fixed removable front site,
C.R.O.S. (Corrosion Resistant Operating System), the entire gas piston operating system is chrome plated (including our chrome plated bolt carrier assembly), mil-spec flat top upper.

that sounds wicked.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thanks for the nice comments. We strive to manufacture a quality product at great value to the consumer. Our 18" gas piston upper P-415-18-P12SX-CF upper will retail for $1075.00

This semi-auto gas piston upper comes with:
18" Rock Creek 4150 vanadium, 1:8 twist, "5R" polygonal, heavy profiled, fluted, M4 barrel extension, chrome lined barrel (BARREL WEIGHS: 1.93 LBS.). Predator P-12SX (slim, extended version), free float tactical rail, Ergo/Magpul ladder rail covers, Vortec flash hider, FTA-2005 fixed removable front site,
C.R.O.S. (Corrosion Resistant Operating System), the entire gas piston operating system is chrome plated (including our chrome plated bolt carrier assembly), mil-spec flat top upper.

that sounds wicked.

Boy does it.  Im trying to build a house right now. The wife isnt going to be very happy. ANother POF rifle in the family. I have been waiting for an SPR type rifle with a piston. Good deal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top