Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 7:40:40 PM EDT
My stock Daniel Defense rail covers are worthless, so it's time to upgrade.

I like the look of the Magpul ladders, but have never used them or had the opportunity to check them out in person.  Magpul also offers panels, which look good as well.  Any experiences yall could share?

The Tango Down panels have my eye as well.  I've got KAC panels on my carbine which are nice...but each gun of mine is.....unique!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
i vote(d) magpul ladders.  
depends a bit on what you are looking for though.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Magpul XT's with black ladders on top rails that I just want to protect.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]

I have magpul ladders and the XT panels.

I also got some ladders from the gun show.  Dont know who makes them.  But they look and feel just like magpul ladders, but about 2 inches longer.  Great for mid length rails.  

Anyways, i much prefer the feel and look of the ladders now.  I can actually see my rails to show them off. .  The XT panels hide them.

I dont have any problem with heat at all.  

Going to switch out the XT for some ladders after my bank account recouperates from christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Tango Down on the bottom and sides of my LaRue 13.2 rail and Magpul ladders on the top.
I like the Magpul ladders because of the lower profile. If I had to do it again I would get all Magpul ladders. Brownells has the Falcon/Ergo ladders for $6.00 each. My ladders were advertised as Magpul but they say "ergogrip" on the back of them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I use TangoDown panels on the sides and bottom and Magpul ladders to protect the remaining rails of my two carbines.

I have a LaRue 9.0 and a KAC M4 RAS and the TD panels fits snug on them.

I haven't tried the Magpul panels yet, maybe I'll try them for my next project.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried most of the rail covers and I still like the KAC rail covers the best.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Magpul XT covers here. seem to work well and haven't fallen off. keeps my hand cool ,even with a pencil barrel.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been using a combination of Tango Down and MagPul ladder panels. The combo really works very nicely.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone tried the Dark Parts ones?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I use all three plus the KAC panels.

For example, I use the KAC or TD panels as the main protection and use Magpul ladder panels to fill in the gaps where/if needed.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the magpul ladders because you can cut them to fit whatever gear and they're uber cheap.

I have some panel protectors, and I don't like them at all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I'm going to roll with the ladders....

My 16" midlength AR is almost complete!  muahahaaaa .... I feel like a mad scientist.  I shouldn't feel so excited over a gun....but I can't help it.

I blame the BRD....and Bush...obviously.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
+1
ladders on top and magpul XT's on the sides and bottom
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My stock Daniel Defense rail covers are worthless, so it's time to upgrade.

I like the look of the Magpul ladders, but have never used them or had the opportunity to check them out in person.  Magpul also offers panels, which look good as well.  Any experiences yall could share?

The Tango Down panels have my eye as well.  I've got KAC panels on my carbine which are nice...but each gun of mine is.....unique!

The ladder panels work best for me and they protect the rail interface. I have them on all my weapons now. The KAC and others just add too much bulk. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think I'm going to roll with the ladders....

My 16" midlength AR is almost complete!  muahahaaaa .... I feel like a mad scientist.  I shouldn't feel so excited over a gun....but I can't help it.

I blame the BRD....and Bush...obviously.

It's always his fault!!!!  I have the ladders and like them.  Although I admit, I've never had another kind!!!  I shot the first time with them off and I figured out why I should put them on!!! So I don't bung the rails up.  Silly me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:57:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I like the good old KACs but like just ladders or nothing on top.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:21:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Ladders or one of the locking covers.  Snap on covers could become snap off covers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I have some ladders en route with my GTS Recon upper built by Denny....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top