Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:06:42 PM EDT
Thought some of you would like this.....

Host R. Lee Ermey heads to Knob Creek Gun Range in West Point, Kentucky, outside of Fort Knox, for the Knob Creek Shoot, a weekend when machine-gun owners and collectors converge for unbridled mayhem. At this former military-munitions test range, shooters nationwide come to buy, sell, and trade. First, the Gunny shows us around, talks about the history, hits sales tables, and fires off a few thousand rounds--from state-of-the-art to early vintage. Next, Lee takes a turn on the "Jungle Walk", a machine-gun shooting course with hidden targets and dense brush to recreate what it was like for the grunts in Viet Nam; and he gets a lift on a mule to the Knob Creek helipad where he goes aloft in a Cayuse OH-6A Helicopter for the range's aerial shooting course. Then, it's the night shoot, when you really get to see raw power as machine guns shoot tracers and fire at targets filled with diesel fuel and dynamite, incinerating cars, refrigerators, and oil drums.  TVPG L
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Knob Creek gun range, and Biff's gunshop are two of my favorite places in the world.  I used to spend the entire weekend there, at least 8-10 times a year.  I especially like the hound dogs, and the 40mm bofors gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
DOH! I missed it! And I even knew weeks ahead of time when it would be initially on.

I was at Knob Creek that weekend, and even shook Gunny's hand.

Someone please post here if there is a re-run. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=80147

The dark side has the whole episode to download.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I was channel surfing and got to see the whole thing!

I still have a chubbie..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was at Knob Creek that weekend, and even shook Gunny's hand.

M4-

Next year we have to catch a bad piece of pizza and say hi.
I was there all 3 days in October.

I had a couple of slices at the left side of what I call the "gunshop" (where they sell the Knob Creek t-shirts and have the snack bar in the back room.) I only attend on Saturdays, but should be there this April as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw that as well.

I wonder what Mr. Ermey meant when he said he was finished shopping and put a few items on layaway.  He was sorta like a slow (not fully retarded) kid at a candy store!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
cool video
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
This episode shows again on mon. 1/2/06.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top