Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:51:47 PM EDT
Any of you use or try the RRA Tactical Carry Handle? Worth the money? Do you like it?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:30:16 PM EDT
I personally like the tactical carry handle. It's not exactly useable as a "carry handle" but works well as an iron sight and co-witnesses with the aimpoint. I probably wouldn't pay new prices for one though. I picked mine up in near new condition on the EE for less than half the price of a new one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:40:01 PM EDT
Yes, no, no.
Since I am probably known on this forum by my latin name "verbose", I'll briefly justify/qualify my responses.
Yes I have the TCH. It worked fine as an open sight platform (it has the A2 rear sight built in). While the RRA web site shows an Aimpoint M series (2,L2,3,L3) mounted, I didn't like the way it mounted FOR ME. I would just suggest you take the money, assuming it is your intent, buy an Aimpoint, an A.R.M.S. 22M68 base, the A.R.M.S cantilever extension and a good rear BUIS (I have a GG&G). If you are going with an EOTechy thing, then someone who has the setup can better advise. RRA does make a special base for the EOTech. I can't comment on how well it works. (Actually, I could comment, but it would just be BS).

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:42:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2005 4:42:42 AM EDT by eklikwhoa]
crap

eta: heavy crap
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:28:48 AM EDT
Reply, interesting. How would a EOTech mount on it? Is there room?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:51:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By atrophis:
Reply, interesting. How would a EOTech mount on it? Is there room?

It would be too high and the iron sights would be unusable.

Save yourself time, money and aggrivations. Ditch the 'non-tactical non-handle' idea and just get a decent BUIS and mount your optic to the flattop with a decent (LaRue) mount.
Top Top