Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 10:16:07 AM EDT
I recently purchased my first AR-15 with a 24" stainless barrel, I told the dealer I am new to this and asked what I had to do as far as care.  He told me some very basic things and come to find out I was supposed to "break in" the barrel.  I did not know this so I did not do it, my question is, is my barrel ruined? How important is it to break it in, getting mixed reviews on this, also am I supposed to run a snake through it every 5 rounds?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks for your time and to all who reply. Could not find a similar thread for this topic.hinking.gif

Merry Christmas,
                           Doubleup223
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I like your style, thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
For what it's worth, I'm squarely in the camp of "It's just not that necessary."

Bought a RRA 24 incher...didn't break it in as some would prefer. Now, I prefer to use high-quality ammo (I don't reload...at least not yet). The performance is outstanding - very accurate rifle.

PS. Welcome to the board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top