Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:51:09 PM EDT
I know i've been asking alot of "opinion" questions but I'm new to the whole "build it yourself AR" family so please bare with me. Thanks.

I was shopping around for the base of my "rifle to end all rifles" (if there is such a thing) and came across CMMG. I was looking at getting one of there stripped lowers for $119 and a complete upper for $124. From the pics it looks like quality parts and I really dig the teflon coating.

Any 1st hand knowledge or god honest opinions please. thanks.

PS. How difficult would it be to barrel a receiver? It seems like if I shop around and do it myself I save a butt load of mula. But if it's to difficult maybe I should just by a complete upper assembly?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:43:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 2:45:14 AM EDT by ColtRifle]
I have a CMMG barrel on my Colt and I really like it. However, I added it up and I think that you will spend more money doing it your way. You might look at this web site.

www.eaglefirearms.net/stag_arms.htm#Upper%20Receiver%20Assemblies

Also look at their RRA part of the site. You can get an upper just like the CMMG version for $105.

I'm not bad mouthing CMMG. As a matter of fact I really like their stuff. But you can do it a little cheaper and still be good quality.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:47:59 AM EDT
tag
Top Top