[#2]
Noveske
LMT
CMT
GTS
Lauer
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that there is a lot of subcontracting going on in the AR industry, espercially with recieverss. who are the major subcontractors that make everyone's lowers? Does Bushmaster make their own?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know that there is a lot of subcontracting going on in the AR industry, espercially with recieverss. who are the major subcontractors that make everyone's lowers? Does Bushmaster make their own?

CMT is probably the largest supplier of receivers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CMT is probably the largest supplier of receivers.

The three largest subs for receivers are CMT, LAR, and LMT...in that order.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
NOVESKE/CMT

Just received my Noveske lower. Low 1xx serial number. It's gorgeous--just dripping with quality. Very nice anodizing. The rollmarks are crisp and deep.

Noveske uses CMT parts including their mil-spec MP tested bolts, and their M4 uppers.

For my build I want to use as many parts from one manufacturer. I can rely on mil-spec M16 BCGs, mil-spec receiver extensions, nice upper receivers and great LRPKs from CMT. That all can't be said for Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I know that there is a lot of subcontracting going on in the AR industry, espercially with recieverss

Yep...

Of the various 'off-brand' AR recievers, Mega Machine and LAR are both contract machine shops who make recievers for various other brands...

CMT supplies, IIRC at least one of the 'Big 3'...

And so on...

It's for this reason that I say 'A FORGED AR RECIEVER IS A FORGED AR RECIEVER, REGARDLESS OF WHAT'S STAMPED ON THE SIDE'...

The 'critical' parts for the AR-15 are: Barrel, bolt, bolt-carrier, trigger group, and (for a match gun) sights... It doesn't matter who's upper/lower/furnature you use... Just get a forged reciever & you'll be fine...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am happy with my Tromix...

+1 FOR TROMIX

And Tony Rumore's a great guy to deal with, too...

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Get the Bushmaster because it doesn't have the "high shelf".
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
MUST I SAY AGAIN? I just want this for a semi auto varmint rifle. No full auto or anything, so that doesn't matter

* unless it would interfere with an aftermarket trigger
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
MUST I SAY AGAIN? I just want this for a semi auto varmint rifle. No full auto or anything, so that doesn't matter

* unless it would interfere with an aftermarket trigger

Get a CMT or Stag lower. They're the least expensive of all of them, the finish quality is nice and they're built as well as all the rest. Seriously. If you buy anything else (based upon your needs), you're just paying for the name.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Isnt colt, RRA, CMT and Stag arms the same thing.  As far as i know CMT makes the recievers for all of them.  The only difference is in the Rollmarks
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Isnt colt, RRA, CMT and Stag arms the same thing.  As far as i know CMT makes the recievers for all of them.  The only difference is in the Rollmarks

Yes, and the interesting thing is is that anything with the rollmark "Colt AR 15" or "Colt SPORTER" is illeagal in connecticut, but any other brand is fine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and the interesting thing is is that anything with the rollmark "Colt AR 15" or "Colt SPORTER" is illeagal in connecticut, but any other brand is fine.

It's retarded is what it is.  Colt's are MADE in Connecticut and they get the biggest fuckin' by our state by being the only AR type banned by name.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's retarded is what it is.  Colt's are MADE in Connecticut and they get the biggest fuckin' by our state by being the only AR type banned by name.

Good to see a fellow connectican. BTW, would you be interested in a Remington M700 VS? It's in new condition with less than 40 rounds through it. I'm tryin to sell it locally, to avoid shipping to another state.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I have pretty much decided on a Noveske lower unless I can get a pre-ban one of other name. For some reason, I can't find where to buy one though.  The Noveske website has been sold out forever!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I just purchased an Ameetec stripped lower receiver last weekend it is very well machined and finished no ugly tool marks it looks as good maybe slightly better than my BM lower.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#18]
For some reason, I dont really like the Ameetec resign on the side, but whatever, if they are high quality...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
For some reason, I dont really like the Ameetec resign on the side, but whatever, if they are high quality...

I won't question your opinion on the Ameetec logo, I will agree with the previous poster that Ameetec lowers are top quality and a great deal for the money. Also, when I shoot my ARs, I can't see the logo so I am never bothered by whether I like the way it looks or not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#20]
How bout ASA. I have 2-3 of their receivers in the safe.  Have built a few more. They same like a guality product. I have heard that they are no longer in business?

Excuse my spelling... I is Arkansas edgeumacated!

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Also, when I shoot my ARs, I can't see the logo so I am never bothered by whether I like the way it looks or not.

LOL!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Just my .02........

www.eaglefirearms.net in Brighton, CO. carries the COMPLETE Carbine lower for $215 and the COMPLETE M4 upper (no carry handle) for $429. That is $644 (plus tax, shipping, and transfer fee....still under $700) for a COMPLETE M4 carbine, that is pretty much the same thing as the Colt LE6920. Excluding tax, shipping, transfer fee, you can buy 2 Stag M4's for the price of the average LE6920 (average civilian price on a Colt 6920 is $1250 to $1350).

You can NOT beat the quality or the price. A COMPLETE M4 carbine for $644 ...... you can't even build a piece of shit parts gun for that.....It's a NO BRAINER.....there should be NO REASON for me to see another DMPS Upper / Colt lower, or Colt Upper / Olympic Lower, or Model 1 Sales Upper / Bushmaster Lower, or just a parts gun in general at a class ever again!!!

Good luck

Thanks for the great information.  I like the setup you mentioned but would like to get mid length grips.   Any thoughts on the cheapest/best way to do this, and still keep it in the under $700 range?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just my .02........

www.eaglefirearms.net in Brighton, CO. carries the COMPLETE Carbine lower for $215 and the COMPLETE M4 upper (no carry handle) for $429. That is $644 (plus tax, shipping, and transfer fee....still under $700) for a COMPLETE M4 carbine, that is pretty much the same thing as the Colt LE6920. Excluding tax, shipping, transfer fee, you can buy 2 Stag M4's for the price of the average LE6920 (average civilian price on a Colt 6920 is $1250 to $1350).

You can NOT beat the quality or the price. A COMPLETE M4 carbine for $644 ...... you can't even build a piece of shit parts gun for that.....It's a NO BRAINER.....there should be NO REASON for me to see another DMPS Upper / Colt lower, or Colt Upper / Olympic Lower, or Model 1 Sales Upper / Bushmaster Lower, or just a parts gun in general at a class ever again!!!

Good luck

Thanks for the great information.  I like the setup you mentioned but would like to get mid length grips.   Any thoughts on the cheapest/best way to do this, and still keep it in the under $700 range?

Just a tip 1911 MW, I believe that that's called thread hijacking, becuase it diverts from the original intent of the thread

Anyways,
I just saw "Sun Devil Mfg." machined BILLET stripped lowers for sale on the EE; I've heard that billet lowers are better or something. Any truth to this? They aren't even expensive either; $135 at the moment. Iwas definitely thinking of getting one. Any owners out there?

ETA a question
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just my .02........

Good luck

I put 16" mid-length (gas system) barrels on my Stag Arms guns, total was around $750 with shipping / having the mid length barrel countoured to my specs, etc.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
How bout ASA. I have 2-3 of their receivers in the safe.  Have built a few more. They same like a guality product. I have heard that they are no longer in business?

Excuse my spelling... I is Arkansas edgeumacated!

I had a ASA lower and the mag well was too tight. mags wouldn't fit it that would fit other guns by bushmaster, rock river, etc. Another ASA I tried was tight, but not to the point the one I owned was. ASA generally has/had a bad reputation on this forum.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#26]
My experiences so far.

With 4 older Bushmasters fit and function are flawless except the lowers w/ serial #L0691xx, L07372x and L07375x, there is no beveling on magwell. This does not matter if you are using USGI mags, problems will occur with Thermold mags (which I don´t touch anyway).
Newer L3035xx lower has the beveling. All of them are DIAS compatible.

RRA upper&lower set bought from Brownells couple of years ago had annoyingly tight fit between upper and lower. Magwell was also too tight, I had difficulties Center Ind. magazines. Sold it later. Not DIAS compatible.

Though I consider myself as Bushmaster guy my latest purchase is DPMS forged lower from Brownells. I´m pretty pleased what I see. Fit and finish is good with Cerroforge uppers, no machining marks on exterior and yes, it is DIAS compatible.

MN
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I love my Bushmasters. Personal opinion mind you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I love my Bushmasters. Personal opinion mind you.

I've looked all over their website and they seem to be a real highe end manufacturer as far as quality goes, but of course thats what they want me to think.... At the same time I have hear rumors of quality controll issues, especially since the ban lifted.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I am still undecided on what lower I want to get for my new POF upper. Im thinking POF, if I can get ahold of one, otherwise it will probably be a Noveske, doublestar arms, etc. There are so many names stamped on basically the same thing now adays.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top