Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 10:10:22 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a carbine length quad rail forend for an M4 and would like some insight on who makes some of the better ones on the market. I have been looking into the Surefire brand but at the same time, I know there are others out there on the market. Please help me, I am open to any insight or enlightenment that might be available on this subject!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Larue Tactical, Daniel Defense and Atlantic Research and Marketing (A.R.M.S.) are all reputable manufacturers.  i'd start with Larue and Daniel Defense over A.R.M.S. and Surefire.  

welcome to the boards.

poke around in the Industry section, there are some plenty helpful folks in there too... you might even run into a dealer you want to try out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on LaRue
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Knight's RAS II and it was a rock solid FF carbine length rail. I would highly recommend it if the hump on it can suits your needs (Aimpoint on the hump). I sold it today however. I am expecting a Grenadier Precision ARM-R rail in the mail here this week in anticipation of getting a gas piston conversion done here in January/February.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
i dont know
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are going to free float, then I would go Larue or Daniel Defense if you have the tools.  If not, the KAC RAS2 would be the way to go.

If you just want to swap out the handguards, then I'd go with KAC RAS or RIS.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you are going to free float, then I would go Larue or Daniel Defense if you have the tools.  If not, the KAC RAS2 would be the way to go.

If you just want to swap out the handguards, then I'd go with KAC RAS or RIS.

+1

I love my M4 RAS.  Very stury/solid.  But whenever I feel like taking it off, I just pop it off.

If the KAC is out of your price range, go for the Midwest Industries (in the INDUSTRY forum).  They are almost on par with KAC as far as machining quality (in my uneducated opinion) by comparison to YHM which is not nearly on par with KAC.  Bravo Company USA (also in the INDUSTRY forum) has excellent prices on MI gear as well as SUPERB customer service and shipping speed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#7]
If you aren't going to free float, and just want a set to replace your handguards - with minimal effort - then the MI is the way to go.

If you want to free float, then LaRue is the way to go. Although MI, Vltor, and Samson, are making FF setups that don't require you to pull the front sight base.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#8]
NON-free float-MI
Free Flaot-Daniel Defense, Larue

I have a DD on my build and I'm gonna try Larue on my next one. I have a YHM and MI on two other uppers. I'd go with MI. Surefires are OK but the top rail is not level with the upper. That's a no go for me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The RAS II w/ an Aimpoint is great.
Also the Troy/Samson rail is good because it freefloats the barrel and is easily installed, along with having a continuous rail.

I have both, and they both do the job.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
MI is the best non free float.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top