Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch?......It's why I have this phone thing.

*boooo hisssssss*
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Rolex Submariner would be the first most popular dress watch among the clients using that rifle. Second only in poularity for all the time wear to the Sunto.

I bought a Suunto Vector because I heard they were durable and I'm pretty hard on watches.  The outer dial fell off after about 4 week, the plastic crystal was so scratched up after 6 months that it was difficult to read the face.  The battery died after month nine and it was retired. Granted the battery is only supposed to last 12 months and it's easy enough to change, but it looked so ratty that I decided to just buy a new Casio G-Shock.  I'm not an operator, but I deal with the best of them internationally.  I see first hand what kit they use and a whole heck-of-a-lot of them wear the G-Shocks.  Some have nice Rolex's or cheapo Timex Expeditions.  I've seen quite a few Suuntos and a number of the Traser.

Just so you don't think I'm cheap, I bought a nice Tissot last time I was in Switzerland that I wear for dress, but I'm still kicking myself for passing up a nice Oris last time I was in Dubai.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I gotta agree... I've seen either the Sub or GMT on the wrist of every SF guy that I have ever met. It's sort of a status symbol.
I've always liked how the Rolex Sub/GMT look... I just don't think they build as good a watch as they used to for the money involved. My jewler (who is authorized and stocks both) agrees that Tag is as good if not maybe better... Remember, he lost money because I was going to buy a GMT.
Regardless, they are nice watches and it shows a touch of class toward anyone who buys a spendy watch. People almost automatically know that you have a Rolex w/o having to look at the name. Most of the others all sort of look the same.

Quoted:
removed

WTF, that is like the sixth post in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, I gotta agree... I've seen either the Sub or GMT on the wrist of every SF guy that I have ever met. It's sort of a status symbol.
I've always liked how the Rolex Sub/GMT look... I just don't think they build as good a watch as they used to for the money involved. My jewler (who is authorized and stocks both) agrees that Tag is as good if not maybe better... Remember, he lost money because I was going to buy a GMT.
Regardless, they are nice watches and it shows a touch of class toward anyone who buys a spendy watch. People almost automatically know that you have a Rolex w/o having to look at the name. Most of the others all sort of look the same.

Quoted:
removed

Sorry... did not know there was a limit to the amount of posts a person can make to a thread...

Oh Shit! Does this count as another one?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah, three pages just because I noticed that some dude was sporting a Rolex in some internet pics -- oh, and it was a good chance to pimp my own Rolex.  

Funny what attracts attention here.  KAC's patent application for the split barrel remote piston AR went basically unnoticed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm referring to the following patent application...

appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=3&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&S1=%28olson.IN.+AND+rifle%29&OS=IN/olson+AND+rifle&RS=(IN/olson+AND+rifle)

It is really very interesting stuff.  

Do you have any more reference information to what you're (Gunzilla) referring to?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=3&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&S1=%28olson.IN.+AND+rifle%29&OS=IN/olson+AND+rifle&RS=(IN/olson+AND+rifle)

Do you have any more reference information to what you're (Gunzilla) referring to?

Oh yeah, that’s the over complex, highly complicated design that we expect from Mr. Olson. Could anything other gas system be more confusing?

Zissou,

I see you know Doug as well?

wp
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
removed

Sorry... did not know there was a limit to the amount of posts a person can make to a thread...

removed
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sorry, I must have been just thinking out loud... Looking at the drawings on the link you posted, it seems curious I would say. The idea of the piston fixed to the receiver and independant of the barrel is not new however, the HAC-7 did this some years back and at least one other US company has an upper that uses the same concept... the idea is to improve accuracy by freeing the stress on the barrel from being the anchor point for the gas piston - although several new age designers (on this forum anyway) seem to believe that they flexing of the barrel from piston slap is a myth?

It seems they are a little close to stepping on HK's toes with the G36 style regulating piston? Beyond that there are a few new ideas there... I have seen a two piece barrel design in the past, I don't recall but I think the concept comes from an aircraft cannon design?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
removed

removed

Sometimes I will post things on here, that while true, may reflect poorly on some segment of the industry... on occasion, when this happens, I get emails and phone calls from the offended party that question such things as if my parents were married.

This partucular case was during some leave that I took for the Holidays and while home resting and inventing a combination eggnog and bore cleaner, I was getting calls concerning one such offensive posting from one of the industry offices... so, I yanked all the post I had made during the previous few days from all threads in order to enjoy my time at home in peace.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah, that’s the over complex, highly complicated design that we expect from Mr. Olson. Could anything other gas system be more confusing?

Zissou,

I see you know Doug as well?

wp

Would seem so anyway...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Who's Doug?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top