Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 9:43:20 AM EDT
Hey, in case its not obvious, im a noob..we will start with this.. what is the difference between a pre and post ban rifle?

Im getting a bushmaster m4 for christmas, so ill be here a lot... hope im not too annoying.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
a pre ban rifle has all the evil features...like flash suppressor, bayo lug, collapsible stock, hi-cap mags,pistol grip,..
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply...

so does that mean all that stuff on the rifle is illegal now? or what?  Also, the rifle that im getting for christmas will be a post-ban rifle since we just bought it new at sportsmans wearhouse, right?hat
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You live in AZ - a free state.
Don't worry about pre-ban/post ban.
So far as it matters, there never was a ban, cause the ban is over.
When you get your rifle, make sure it has flash hider, bayonet lug, and collapsible stock.
And don't let anyone hose you on the price because it is "preban".
Same goes for mags.

Why not build your own?
Cheaper and custom built to your specs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
k cool. Ya the one im getting is very basic I think. it was about 800$. Im going to build it up as i get money.

What are some basic upgrades you guys think I should start looking into?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#5]
mags & ammo

there are a lot of accessories for an M4 style carabine...such as rail systems, flash lights, laser sights, foregrips, optics,...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What are some basic upgrades you guys think I should start looking into?

A 3-5 day carbine class.

Don't do any 'upgrades' till after you've taken the class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top