Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:28:14 PM EDT
Does a military-grade chrome lined barrel suffer in accuracy vs. a similar non-lined barrel?
It seems most match barrels are not chrome lined. Is that true?
What kind of accuracy can you expect from a 20inch BM Hbar barrel with a match trigger shooting the Black Hills good stuff?

Thanks,

Jorge
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:34:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2005 7:35:34 PM EDT by Combat_Jack]
Slightly.
Yes.
Unfloated, 1-1.5" in good hands. Floated, slightly less.

No offense intended, but if you have to ask this question (and I was there once too) then you probably won't notice the difference in accuracy, but you might notice the difference in durability.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:37:31 PM EDT
Thanks for your response.
I have to ask because where I come from rpm counted more than MOA.

Jorge
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:39:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ravelo:
Thanks for your response.
I have to ask because where I come from rpm counted more than MOA.

Jorge

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:52:55 AM EDT
Revelo - any difference in accuracy is not going to be enough to matter for 99% of users.

Get the chrome. In a Kartrina-type situation you'll be glad you did.

Chrome barrels hold MOBG (minute of bad guy) just fine.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:29:05 AM EDT
Get the chrome lining. If you can shoot well enough to notice the difference, you'd be considering SS vs. chrome lined, instead. I personally don't see any need for unlined chrome moly AR barrels.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:38:53 AM EDT
I believe most properly built (conforming to specs, etc.) ARs are capable of better accuracy than the shooters using them. With that said, I would not hesitate to buy a chromed barrel and depend on it to be more accurate than I am.

I'd like to see a real, scientific study of the accuracy vs. chrome or not issue, but I doubt it would be effective in settling the question. This is far too much like the "Colt or not Colt" issue for facts to sway some people.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:16:36 AM EDT
My suggestion is chrome lined, too. After some time in AR15.com you´ll have both anyways...

MN
Top Top