Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/12/2005 8:53:03 AM EDT
OK I just put together my mega lower and I am now resreaching info on what barrels will go with the rifled ramped mega upper. I want a 16" barrel. I want to use a FF forearm that goes out past were the FSB is. Speaking about mega uppers can someone tell me who sells them, I don't seem to remember who does.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:18:11 AM EDT
Brownells is out of them, Tactical Solutions is out of them, Carricozarmroy has the unmarked ones.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:18:55 AM EDT
Oh yeah, forgot about the barrels. What type of barrel are you after (profile-wise)? Many barrels are available with your choice of rifle or M4 extensions, so you should have plenty of choices.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:53:16 PM EDT
any bbl. with rifle bbl extensions will work with an upper with no extended ramps
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:34:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MyRight:
Speaking about mega uppers can someone tell me who sells them, I don't seem to remember who does.

Ameetec.. call them and ask.. they dont advertise them..
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:29:43 AM EDT
think teknic @ ranierarms offers them too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:58:55 AM EDT
Thanks for all the replys. about what bbl profile I want, it doesn't really matter to me. I mean I don't really think I will ever use a bayonet lug. To me it's a waste of metal for my uses. I don't think I even want a front sling attachment. I want to go with a low profile gas block and FF forearm that will cover it up. And it has to be chrome lined.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:59:03 PM EDT
bump
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:20:48 PM EDT
If it was my gun, I'd get a midlength gov. profile 16" with either a rifle length rail, or the rail that is in between a middy and rifle length (can't remember the name of that one) that should be a sweet setup...

Carricoz also has mega marked uppers (they did anyways) good stuff....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:15:34 PM EDT

If it was my gun, I'd get a midlength gov. profile 16" with either a rifle length rail, or the rail that is in between a middy and rifle length (can't remember the name of that one) that should be a sweet setup...

what brand of barrel would you go with? I know for sure I want a mega upper and I probly order it from carrioz.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:48:41 PM EDT
I'd check with some of the boards vendors like bravo co, g&r tac and denny's. RRA makes that bbl in hbar profile and you can add chrome lining for extra $.
Top Top