Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2005 8:53:03 AM EDT
OK I just put together my mega lower and I am now resreaching info on what barrels will go with the rifled ramped mega upper. I want a 16" barrel. I want to use a FF forearm that goes out past were the FSB is. Speaking about mega uppers can someone tell me who sells them, I don't seem to remember who does.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells is out of them, Tactical Solutions is out of them, Carricozarmroy has the unmarked ones.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah, forgot about the barrels.  What type of barrel are you after (profile-wise)?  Many barrels are available with your choice of rifle or M4 extensions, so you should have plenty of choices.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
any bbl. with rifle bbl extensions will work with an upper with no extended ramps
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Speaking about mega uppers can someone tell me who sells them, I don't seem to remember who does.

Ameetec.. call them and ask.. they dont advertise them..
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:29:43 AM EDT
[#5]
think teknic @ ranierarms offers them too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replys. about what bbl profile I want, it doesn't really matter to me. I mean I don't really think I will ever use a bayonet lug. To me it's a waste of metal for my uses. I don't think I even want a front sling attachment. I want to go with a low profile gas block and FF forearm that will cover it up. And it has to be chrome lined.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#7]
bump
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]
If it was my gun, I'd get a midlength gov. profile 16" with either a rifle length rail, or the rail that is in between a middy and rifle length (can't remember the name of that one) that should be a sweet setup...

Carricoz also has mega marked uppers (they did anyways) good stuff....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#9]

If it was my gun, I'd get a midlength gov. profile 16" with either a rifle length rail, or the rail that is in between a middy and rifle length (can't remember the name of that one) that should be a sweet setup...

what brand of barrel would you go with? I know for sure I want a mega upper and I probly order it from carrioz.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd check with some of the boards vendors like bravo co, g&r tac and denny's. RRA makes that bbl in hbar profile and you can add chrome lining for extra $.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top