BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/22/2005 8:16:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
pretty sweet lookin, wheres the 9.0fspm?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it !
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Got one left?  I was going to buy one from you for the Denny's operator barrel I have coming.  I'll contact you when I get back from my deer hunting "vacation".
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good Steve!

I don't understand why those are not more popular.  That is a fantastic rail that really expands your options for mounting accessories and such.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
As usual, sweet carbine!

The reason you aren't selling as much of the DD 12 FSPM rails is because it blocks the use of bayonet!  You know how important that is to us mid-length owners...
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
because it blocks the use of bayonet!  You know how important that is to us mid-length owners...

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As usual, sweet carbine!

The reason you aren't selling as much of the DD 12 FSPM rails is because it blocks the use of bayonet!  You know how important that is to us mid-length owners...

You laugh, but when I offer the "FSP" versions that is the standard reason why they are not chosen.
The only time I sell an FSP is usually the 9.5, on a 10.5" upper.

I was just joking but I think it's pretty funny that I turned out right...
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Is that a Ute2 upper?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't get it either that is one of my favorite set ups but that rail is a slow mover for us.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]
great looking build,
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As usual, sweet carbine!

You laugh, but when I offer the "FSP" versions that is the standard reason why they are not chosen.
The only time I sell an FSP is usually the 9.5, on a 10.5" upper.

Does that mean they are going on sale?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#15]

What's the weight on the DD 12.0 FSPM?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:43:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I know Denny has seen these.  

It has been updated recently with some rail panels, a TD vertical grip, and some mods to the Magpul M93B.  I will try to get some new pics today.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:48:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Sweet looking rifle there. I dig the tan barrel.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's a US Army designated marksman rifle built by smiths at the AMU with a match barrel, match two stage trigger and DD 12.0 hand guard.  It has irons in the pic, but is generally used with an ACOG.

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I probably wouldn't buy one either, but I wonder what exactly you would need that extra area for?  Would it really make any difference if the light/laser was mounted 1" further back?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I probably wouldn't buy one either, but I wonder what exactly you would need that extra area for?  Would it really make any difference if the light/laser was mounted 1" further back?

I look at it as it covers more of the barrel but still allows the use of a regular front sight post.  Sort of like a KAC MRE but without the front piece.

I will use it to mount my bipod out a bit further as well as the light.

Plus you can't beat something that looks cool.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I look at it as it covers more of the barrel but still allows the use of a regular front sight post.  Sort of like a KAC MRE but without the front piece.

I will use it to mount my bipod out a bit further as well as the light.

Plus you can't beat something that looks cool.  

Don't get me wrong, I did something somewhat similar for the same reason (well, the covering the barrel reason).  I guess at the end of the day this product would have made for a rifle that was overall lighter (a single sight/gas block instead of the two separate pieces on mine).
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah and I'd probably say that I went with the 12.0 FSPM because of its uniqueness.  Like Steve and Denny have mentioned, not many people have them.

Here is an updated pic of my Recce that I took this morning.  The TD products look tan but thay are really Dark Earth.  For some reason the sun behind me when I took the pic made them look more tanish.  Once again I will try for a better pic later in the day to show the true color.

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Mabey it is the price difference between the 9.0 and 12FSPM. Also it does appear that it would be more difficult to install myself. What is the weight difference?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I like, I like a lot.  I think that last recorded bayonetting happened in WWII....why is the bayonet lug even still standard on modern combat weapons?  Anyhow....I'm keeping this in mind when I actually have some $
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#25]
You see Mattld has shown us the problem.  Won't fit in the backpack.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#27]
You sweet talker you.  

Edited to say,  I don't suppose you are going to loan me one of these experiments to beta test are you?

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Did I here Club House in Southern Ohio?????

Not to Invite Myself or anything but Hell Ill buy the Beer and I belong to a private Range in Southern Ohio with a 200 yard line
cp
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I like my 12.0FSPM better:

I need some attention
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I like, I like a lot.  I think that last recorded bayonetting happened in WWII....why is the bayonet lug even still standard on modern combat weapons?  Anyhow....I'm keeping this in mind when I actually have some $

Tell that to the Brits who did a bayonet charge with SA80's in Iraq! Bayonet charge with bullpups, if that doesn't show some big brass ones...
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Actually it would have been easy to just cut the underside and not the sides if the bayo were my sole intention and purpose.  I didn't like how far PAST the front sight base the rails went and the large chunk taken out for the bayo lug was a good place to start cutting.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Bayonets are still scary to most people.  If I saw some jackass threatening me with a rifle, I might just hope he's not crazy enough to shoot me.  If he's got a bayonet, I'll be pretty sure he'd have no problem stabbing me.  Same thing with police and crowd control- people don't expect cops to shoot them but they do stop for a second to imagine being skewered by the bayonets.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#35]
i like them but they are way over priced!
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Bayonets are still scary to most people.  If I saw some jackass threatening me with a rifle, I might just hope he's not crazy enough to shoot me.  If he's got a bayonet, I'll be pretty sure he'd have no problem stabbing me.  Same thing with police and crowd control- people don't expect cops to shoot them but they do stop for a second to imagine being skewered by the bayonets.  

Better for controlled escalation of force.

Easier and less injurous to "stick someone a little bit" than to"shoot someone a little bit." Less collateral risk as well.

But then keep in mind I'm just an Armchair Commando..

Lonny
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I chose this exact DD forend for my Denny's operator build.  It is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I would not buy one because if I want to go free floating it would be for accuracy.   The fsb would just be in the way as I would only use it with a good scope.  I would focus on barrel, bullets and trigger.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I would not buy one because if I want to go free floating it would be for accuracy.   The fsb would just be in the way as I would only use it with a good scope.  I would focus on barrel, bullets and trigger.

In other words, you've never used a "good scope" on an AR before.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In other words, you've never used a "good scope" on an AR before.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#41]
You laughing at my post is about the same responce I have to the picture of  the cut out rail for the FSB.  As to the good scope comment, I  don`t mind children playing games with my post as long as they don`t behave too badly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You laughing at my post is about the same responce I have to the picture of  the cut out rail for the FSB.  As to the good scope comment, I  don`t mind children playing games with my post as long as they don`t behave too badly.

So you still have no idea what you're talking about?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Well first I did not cut anything.  The stock DD 12.0FSPM is built like that so that the rail wraps around the FSP.  Now JosephR did cut his rail but that was only to allow for a functional bayonet.

As far as what we are talking about, if by "good scope" you are talking about a high power scope, then surely, if you have used one, you know that the FSP is but a tiny blur in the bottom at the lower 4-5x powers.  At higher powers, such as 8-12x, the blur disappears completely (unless you are specifically looking for it) .

So having a FSP and a "good scope" is not a contradiction in terms.  But I'm sure you knew that.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#44]
The cut out I refered to has noting to do with what you did with the rail once you bought it.  The rail is manufactured with the cut out area to allow a longer rail to be installed but to leave the FSB were it is.
The area that is missing or cut out during maufacture is what I am refering to.  The straight line border area around the FSB has a cut out appearence to me.   Its the rail not you.  It has to do with my likes and dislikes only.   Nothing to do with my scopes or what bathroom tissue you use.   Keep on topic and we can let this rest.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The cut out I refered to has noting to do with what you did with the rail once you bought it.  The rail is manufactured with the cut out area to allow a longer rail to be installed but to leave the FSB were it is.
The area that is missing or cut out during maufacture is what I am refering to.  The straight line border area around the FSB has a cut out appearence to me.   Its the rail not you.  It has to do with my likes and dislikes only.   Nothing to do with my scopes or what bathroom tissue you use.   Keep on topic and we can let this rest.

Quoted:

Pick.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#46]
in_burrito, Mattld,  I have instant message if you have anymore questions for me, no need to side track the tread.  This is big bores tread.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Steve,

What length DD did you put on my 14.5"?  I love that thing!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Denny, very nice pictures.  I like the fold down ft sight.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Sorry, but the bayonet was most certainly used in Korea and I bet Viet Nam too.  Read some nonfiction books and some Medal of Honor citations.

SoS
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top