Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2005 8:21:00 PM EDT
HI I AM A NEW MEMBER, I OWN 4 AR-15s (1) COLT HB MATCH TARGET 1/7 TWIST (1) 9mm OLYMPIC ARMS RIFLE, AND (2) BUSH MASTER RIFLES (1) 16 INCH A-2 MODEL AND (1) V MATCH 16 INCH FLAT TOP I HAVE NOT SHOT ANY OF MY 5.56mm RIFLES IN A LONG TIME I WENT SHOOTING TODAY AND MY FLAT TOP JAMMED RIGHT MUCH? IT SEEMED TO BE MORE OF A MAG PROBLEM, THE RIFLE CYCLED JUST FINE FROM THE GAS PRESSURE, BUT THE ROUNDS AT TIMES DID NOT GET PICKED BY THE BOLT, OR THE ROUND DID NOT WANT TO GO UP THE FEED AREA OF THE CHAMBER AND GOT DENTED BADLY ALSO I CHECKED SOME OF THE ROUNDS THAT WENT INTOTHE CHAMBER SOME OF THE ROUNDS HAD RIGHT MUCH PUSH BACK OF THE BULLET!! SOME .030-.050 ths THIS MADE ME WONDER WHAT IS WRONG!! ALL THE MAG I OWN ARE NEW I BOUGHT MOST OF THEM OVER THE YEARS, HERE ARE SOME OF THE NAMES ADVENTURE LINE, PERCISION INDUSTRIER ,OK INDUSTRIES, SANCHEZ ENT. AND SOME FACTORY COLT 30 ROUNDS MAGS I PUT IN THE NEW GREEN FOLLOWERS AND EVEN GOT SOME OF THE VERY NEW MAGPUL SELF LEVELING FOLLOWERS STILL THE SAME PROBLEMS FROM THE BUSH MASTERS  DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS  PLEASE LET ME KNOW   THANKS MIKE B..
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I have a headache now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Install new chrome silicon magazine springs.

I think this vendor sells them: www.cmmginc.com
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Paragraphs are your friend.  Try different mags.  It sounds like the spring in the mag is too weak.

Link Posted: 11/13/2005 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been using Wolff extra power mag springs in all my mags.  They are much cheaper and work just as good as some of the other extra power mag springs on the market.

Magpul followers + Wolff extra power mag springs

Link Posted: 11/13/2005 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the ideas, I just got the pc never had to type before! learing you know!! like doctor McCoy would say I am a mechanic jim not a Secretary!! I see what you mean you can read the lower case better. you learn something new all the time!! I am thankful for the help though! MIKE
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Check the carrier key on the bolt carrier.  Are the screws loose?  
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
thanks for the ideas, I just got the pc never had to type before! learing you know!! like doctor McCoy would say I am a mechanic jim not a Secretary!! I see what you mean you can read the lower case better. you learn something new all the time!! I am thankful for the help though! MIKE

Type slowly so that your sentences don’t run on. Exclamation points are used sparingly to emphasize a point. Capitalize the beginning of sentences, and don’t be afraid to uses paragraphs. Welcome aboard and happy shooting.
-Tim
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
First, load ONE round in a mag. Chamber the round and fire it. Does the bolt lock back like it should? Repeat this process 5 times. If it fails to lock back, then you have a gas problem. Is it failing to extract the fired case? If so, then you can try a stronger extractor spring.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#10]
team 8  correct the bolts were loose, I dont understand its a new new weapon? I never shot it before, one more thing I did, was put in the new magpul followers those things are DA BOMB!  The rifle worked great today. I sent (6) off to my navy seal friend to use, he loves his, he wants more, so off to war they go! sorry about the typing doing the best i can never went to school for this stuff,  GREAT FORUM  THANKS FOR THE HELP    MIKE B.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This is so commonplace with Bushmaster

Among other things...
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
team 8  correct the bolts were loose, I dont understand its a new new weapon? I never shot it before, one more thing I did, was put in the new magpul followers those things are DA BOMB!  The rifle worked great today. I sent (6) off to my navy seal friend to use, he loves his, he wants more, so off to war they go! sorry about the typing doing the best i can never went to school for this stuff,  GREAT FORUM  THANKS FOR THE HELP    MIKE B.

Ask me how I knew this  Glad you've got it running now.  Good shooting.

Scoop
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#16]
team 8 how did you know? have you guys tried any of the magpul followers, they do work well. MIKE B
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
team 8 how did you know?

I'd say that Scoop has either had the same experience or has heard of Bushmaster's ongoing problem of poorly-staked bolt carrier key screws.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
team 8 how did you know?

I'd say that Scoop has either had the same experience or has heard of Bushmaster's ongoing problem of poorly-staked bolt carrier key screws.

Yes on both counts.  By the way, Bushy's are not the only ones with this problem.  I recently had to tighten the carrier key bolts on a brand new CMT bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:09:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top