User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Just remember to post pics of it when it's done. I like that design the best.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We have received our Class 07 Manufacturing license and will be selling complete lower halves and complete rifles.

We have been doing some engraving on different logos and are leaning towards this one, it is a distant cousin (very distant...twice removed) to the Dodge Viper snake head, opinions welcome. Still on the fence if I like the RBP inside the fangs...

Thank you
Robert and Krista

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=19654&iGalleryUnq=1462&iImageUnq=41382

I love the viper!! Its BAAAAD NEWSS
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I'd like to see a large penis on there. . . .
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the need for any logo at all?  Most of them, including the snake head IMHO make the lower look cheap.  I know Armalite started it all with their lion in the cross hairs and Colt followed with the prancing pony, but why has every maker since felt the need to "individualize" that area by doing exactly the same thing everyone else has done, and usually doing it very poorly?  Ameetec, as much as I am pissed at them still has the best logo I have seen.  Simple and unobtrusive and could only be improved upon by no logo at all.  Snake heads, lions, tigers, bears, oh-my!  Sorry, I guess I am a dullard but I wish people would stop the logo crap all together and give us an excellent quality product, well made and well finished, without the obtrusive oversized logo.  Do all makers think that the logo is required by law?  You'd think so from the way they all do it.
It's your product so you can do as you like, but since you did ask for opinions I vote keep it simple, name, city, state, model, caliber, serial number.  Nothing else needed.  If it is a good product you don't need logo advertising on the side of the lower like some gaudy billboard on the side of the interstate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll join the chorus calling for no animals. Just put the company name and so on. No cartoons.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the Ameetec logo best too.  Logo isn't really a consideration for me either...I purchased a bunch of Stag lowers b/c of the quality and price, even though I HATE the logo.  I'd go w/ something more simple though.  Something geometric, your name, or nothing at all.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
My short, humble opinion:

I think it is too large and looks slightly cluttered. The one other consideration as far as brand distinction goes, the viper head has some association with Bushmaster already.

It would be cool if the logo was linked to your company name in that it related to "precision" in some way either with a nice image of a bullsey or set of crosshairs or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]
how many will be made/offered on the initial run? any chance i can get ser# 0309?
please?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Why do you even have to put the 5.56 caliber on the side of a receiver?  I just very well may have an upper on that receiver that's in 6.5 Grendel so the receiver stamp would be wrong anyways.  Leave it off but use your Logo as you wish.  It looks great to me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought my Rock River from you. I, like many others, prefer the uncluttered look. No pictures! Murals distract from the look of our tools. You don't need no stinkin picture!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like e uterus  hich
Regards,
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
how many will be made/offered on the initial run? any chance i can get ser# 0309?

b]

the flyer i received from them indicated that they were going to offer custom serial #s for a little extra............

so are the samples ready to go?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I would point out that all of the complaints about Stag, are about the logo on the side.  I see the design with the snake as something which would not be an asset, and would probably cause complaints or general bickering.  

As other have already pointed out, the animal theme has been done to death with AR15s, and there is already a snake logo.  

A clean small logo, or printed lower without distraction similar to the one Bumblebee_Bob
did in his first picture may be a cleaner overall look.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Since these are top end "prescision" lowers, why not put a graphic of a very tight three shot group as your logo.  Shouldn't be hard to do with your engraving capability.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to the 07 FFL Club! I think you have received very good input. I've just been thru the whole logo thing for my company (not lowers) and it's exhausting. Pretty smart to use the forum as a focus group. If you need a contact to help you with your logo development (reasonanbly priced), drop me an Email or IM.

Now for my input. I agree with the others. The large animal logos tend to detract from the percieved quality. I think a simple logo attached to your name would work best. Over time you can remove your name as people will identify you by the logo. Nike for an example only uses the "check mark" now.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#17]
i think there should be no logo just simple letters
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
KISS - Keep It Simple Script
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm one of the keep it simple guys.  If anything, something more military, since it's a semi version of a military rifle.  I like the HK style logo.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#20]
how about a forked tongue inside the fangs?

or, a concentric circle target with a tight shot grouping in the center?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#21]
What about Having a AR15 or a M4 on the side or crossed M4'S on the side. Or having crossed Swords on the sides. But, no animals. What about having Skull and Cross Bones on the side. Or Skull with Crossed Swords behind the Skull.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What about Having a AR15 or a M4 on the side or crossed M4'S on the side. Or having crossed Swords on the sides. But, no animals. What about having Skull and Cross Bones on the side. Or Skull with Crossed Swords behind the Skull.  

Lauer Custom Weaponry uses crossed M4s (AR15s of some sort anyway).

CMMG has a very nice logo which is very small and not easily noticed.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree with the others who've said that when it comes to logos, less is more...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#24]
+1 Do what you like...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

b]

the flyer i received from them indicated that they were going to offer custom serial #s for a little extra............

so are the samples ready to go?

sweet!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I will get one no matter what it looks like, just because I think you guys are great.

Robert and Krista kick ass!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top