User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What the...you got it already?

Yeah! Hey, I suggested it first, it's only fair

Actually, I'm sure it'd have gotten here sooner if I'd seen it earlier on Friday. Labor day slowed it, too.. Gotta hand it to BC and the USPS..
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
lol
Ok, honest opinion time.  Since you got a 16" barrel and can't use a bayo without getting a special one, do you wish the bottom rails were extended as far as the 12, 3 and 9 o'clock rails?
Tell you the truth, I have nothing I can put on the bottom rails ahead of the foregrip, but it is kind of nice when I rest the rifle on my pack when in prone (refuse to use a bipod! )
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]

By BravoCompanyUSA

What do you think ?

Honestly, it is fugly.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
lol
Ok, honest opinion time.  Since you got a 16" barrel and can't use a bayo without getting a special one, do you wish the bottom rails were extended as far as the 12, 3 and 9 o'clock rails?
Tell you the truth, I have nothing I can put on the bottom rails ahead of the foregrip, but it is kind of nice when I rest the rifle on my pack when in prone (refuse to use a bipod! )

Yes, I do wish the bottom rails were full-length, and have for a while. I guess what I was looking for was more of a DD 9.5/12 FSP than a KAC MRE. Bayonets to me are a little gimmicky, whereas having extra handguard space is always very nice. That said, though, I still feel this is still a better setup than the plain carbine-length guards, since I can mount my flashlight slightly farther forward. Also, you can still grip the front and not touch the barrel.

I think making another handguard cap grabber on the bottom rail would probably have made the rail uncompetitively expensive, and would have introduced some engineering issues with the prevalence of the sling loop and bayonet lug. I don't have the sling loop there, but I would be 100% fully willng to chop my bayo lug (heresy!), if MI made some full-length bottom rails.

I think MI thought of this issue. The top rail's channel for the bottom rail extends all the way to the front of the guard. The upper rail could accept an extended bottom quite easily. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

ETA: Looking, I don't know that you'd need to remove the bayo lug, either. A bit of filing on the lug, or a shallow recess in the guard's interior would provide enough clearance.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As promised, pics...

ucsub.colorado.edu/~wuw/arfcom/rail1.jpg
The quality of the rail is impressive. Anodizing is remarkably nice, and the laser markings are a plus.

ucsub.colorado.edu/~wuw/arfcom/rail2.jpg
The fit on my rifle is absolutely perfect, with no wiggle. This is a very solid setup. I'm done with my rifle now! (Well, still need a new VFG, panels, sling plate.. *sigh*)

That looks sweet. Let us know how it feels when you shoot it.

And no, you'll never be done with it. As I'm never done with mine.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a tactical handguard set, and I would sure like to see the rifle length set  for sale  before I go with another brand, like the Surefire M82.

Has anyone got a review of MI vs surefire vs YHM.

I have not seen  any of these side by side, up close and personal and wonder what the differences are
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
looks great.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top