Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just got my upper back from Sabre.  Grant said that he was able to get my other barrel to line up correctly with their double vice, but preferred to swap it out due to the taper pins issue (apparently they're now doing their taper pins differently to make them easier to take out for home builds).

I sent him my complete upper to see if he could resolve the alignment issue, so when I got it back it was professionally assembled with a new barrel (and obviously front sight assembly).  It was very well packed in a next day air tube (I told you no rush and not to spend the money on that Grant!) and the upper was heat sealed in a heavy plastic bag.  The barrel, front sight assembly, and LaRue 9.0 are all lined up straight as an arrow.

The taper pins appear much different than the ones on the original barrel I received.  These look like every other taper pin that I've ever seen and I wouldn't think they'd give you trouble knocking them out (but I'm not messing with mine).  The original ones looked like they'd be tough to get out, were ground down on the sides and were difficult to even tell if they were tapered versus straight.  So the new ones are probably going to be a lot easier for folks to deal with (although mine could've been a one off problem -- either with me or the barrel).

I can't tell if the new pins were installed before or after park.  And I'm not pulling it off to find out.

One more thing.  The new barrel I received has an unusual stamping on it.  It says "1/7."  Anyone know what that means?  

(Grant knew I was longing for a 1/7 and told me as long as he was swapping out barrels they cost the same so he'd use a 1/7.  I told him I'd eat the "upgrade" cost to 1/7, either by selling the 1/9 on the EE or paying him for his shop services.  I did not receive a bill with the upper.)

What can I say about my experience with Sabre?  Outstanding customer service and a great product.  I would definitely recommend these barrels.

No pics because the rifle and upper look the same.

I can't wait to shoot it.  Thanks Grant!

Corey

Simply awesome customer service! Glad to read it all worked out. Now go shoot it and tell us how well it shoots!
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just got my upper back from Sabre.  Grant said that he was able to get my other barrel to line up correctly with their double vice, but preferred to swap it out due to the taper pins issue (apparently they're now doing their taper pins differently to make them easier to take out for home builds).

I sent him my complete upper to see if he could resolve the alignment issue, so when I got it back it was professionally assembled with a new barrel (and obviously front sight assembly).  It was very well packed in a next day air tube (I told you no rush and not to spend the money on that Grant!) and the upper was heat sealed in a heavy plastic bag.  The barrel, front sight assembly, and LaRue 9.0 are all lined up straight as an arrow.

The taper pins appear much different than the ones on the original barrel I received.  These look like every other taper pin that I've ever seen and I wouldn't think they'd give you trouble knocking them out (but I'm not messing with mine).  The original ones looked like they'd be tough to get out, were ground down on the sides and were difficult to even tell if they were tapered versus straight.  So the new ones are probably going to be a lot easier for folks to deal with (although mine could've been a one off problem -- either with me or the barrel).

I can't tell if the new pins were installed before or after park.  And I'm not pulling it off to find out.

One more thing.  The new barrel I received has an unusual stamping on it.  It says "1/7."  Anyone know what that means?  

(Grant knew I was longing for a 1/7 and told me as long as he was swapping out barrels they cost the same so he'd use a 1/7.  I told him I'd eat the "upgrade" cost to 1/7, either by selling the 1/9 on the EE or paying him for his shop services.  I did not receive a bill with the upper.)

What can I say about my experience with Sabre?  Outstanding customer service and a great product.  I would definitely recommend these barrels.

No pics because the rifle and upper look the same.

I can't wait to shoot it.  Thanks Grant!

Corey

Simply awesome customer service! Glad to read it all worked out. Now go shoot it and tell us how well it shoots!

I will have to agree 100%.

Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No, I still haven't had a chance to shoot the new barrel.  (I'm suffering from severe atrophy of the trigger finger....)

But I thought I'd shoot a link in here to a topic relevant to this thread.

Recent email from Sabre.

Corey
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
For me this is better than all the SGN adds combined. I'll have to take a closer look at their products as I have already been looking at their product line.

Thanks for the thread.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking good Corey...

www.bavariasausage.com/  When you need to get those brats shipped out fast
and fresh...

They got tasty brats btw...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I just read all of this, and the 'other' thread and must say...............

this type post is the best thing about this site.

Great threads, Corey- and thanks for the reviews

(and the laughs- computer problems, floor issues, dropped Colts, dinged optics, bashed pins, scratched parts, cats, kids, cries for help, canted sights, and "1/9 buyers remorse", to 1" MOA, to a happy ending)

The morals.......

Sabre makes great products- even offers even better service

MGI and twl- are awesome to deal with, and are 1st class dealers/people

oh, and I guess I would be remiss in leaving out, ...............

that every truly great thread has at least one troll and 2 hijacks!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

(and the laughs- computer problems, floor issues, dropped Colts, dinged optics, bashed pins, scratched parts, cats, kids, cries for help, canted sights, and "1/9 buyers remorse", to 1" MOA, to a happy ending)

Oh shit!  It does sound pretty funny when condensed like that!  LOL

Thanks, and I just try to contribute as I've gotten so much from this site in the past.  I still need to do my AR15 evolution thread....

Take care,

Corey
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top