Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 8:55:15 AM EDT
Who makes a carbine length carbon fiber FF tube? My Brownell's catalog lists Briley and Clark carbon tubes but in rifle length only. Their websites show the same. I like the Briley tube (matte finish) but wonder if it would fray if cut to carbine length. Are there any other options out there? $100 is about the limit I can go on one. To spend more just doesn't seem "right". Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought the rifle length one & just cut it off.
Feel free to e-mail me for specifics if interested.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.hiperform.com[/url]

Excellent tubes, Excellent customer service.

Bob
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Spider, email sent.

I completely forgot about the Armalite tubes and they may be an option for me.

BTW, I've got wood over the Hiperform unit on the website but it does look a bit glossy in the pic. Any idea as to price and availability? I'd need to buy the wrench for the install.

Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Price is under 100.00 as I recall, depending on length. It is a bit glossy but they teflon real well or just straight Krylon if you need to go tactical. Mine is on my FAR-15 and it is done in Krylon cammo. Have pics if you are interested. The wrench is free with your first one, or at least it used to be.

Bob

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Price is under 100.00 as I recall, depending on length. It is a bit glossy but they teflon real well or just straight Krylon if you need to go tactical. Mine is on my FAR-15 and it is done in Krylon cammo. Have pics if you are interested. The wrench is free with your first one, or at least it used to be.

Bob

View Quote

Hey Bob, I'd like to see the pics. I'm into Krylon camo myself. If you get a minute, shoot me an email. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I like KRYPTONITE myself> LOL
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#8]
i  think  i paid about 115 for the hiperform tube, with the wrench, shipped. this was maybe six months ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top