Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 2:29:13 AM EDT
I know I saw a comparison of the different metal types used for ar15 barrels.If someone would point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#1]
4140 and then 4150 is mil spec. Hope that helps.[:)]  
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Cliff,
Thanks for the reply,but let me be more specific.Will a stainless steel barrel have the same "slipperiness" as a chrome lined barrel?I saw the Olympic Arms M4 clone and it has a 416 ss barrel.It is in my price range and looks awesome but most opinions here lean toward chrome lining.Could this be a "compromise".Also, is there a downside to a ss barrel?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
There are no downsides to S.S. barrels.  In my opinion,  stainless barrels are superior to steel in every way except perhaps throat erosion with sustained full auto fire (abuse).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top