Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/21/2003 6:43:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 3:05:32 PM EDT by giffmann]
This past weekend I put my first AR together. It's a Cav Arms 14.5" Government Profile upper mounted to an RRA lower. M4 handgaurds, ARMS #40A sight and a non-colalpsible M4 stock. For a sling I'm using a CQB Soltuions MOUT with an HK snap hook to attach to a DPMS sling plate.

Took it out this week and put a few rounds through it, but didn't have the chance to really see what it could do. Hope to do that in a few weeks, weather permitting.

I am planning on adding an Aimpoint or an EOTech in the next few weeks.

Thanks to Cory at Adrenaline Arms and Adam at Midwest Tactical for helping to make this happen!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:33:01 PM EDT
Very nice! Let me know how you like the Cav Arms M4 upper. I've had my eye on one of those for some time [;)]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:03:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:32:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2003 9:32:41 PM EDT by DevL]
A truely well thought out and beautiful first rifle. I would have gone for an A1 stock but thats just me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:02:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 3:04:18 PM EDT by giffmann]
Thanks for the compliments guys. TREETOP, for some reason I think you're a little biased here!! DevL, I debated between the non collapsible and the A1 stock. I chose the M4 style in hopes that the ban goes away in September. If it does, the only piece I need to buy is a new buffer tube. Didn't want to have to buy everything over again. I know some folks say that it's silly to buy it just for looks, but so is buying the M4 profile barrel notched for an M203 if you never think you'll ever actually mount one. They are both for looks. M4Arc, I haven't given the rifle a true workout yet, but the Cav Arms upper is very nice. Color is a very close match to the lower. It has just a touch more sheen than the RRA lower. The ARMS #40 fits nice on the upper, so it appears that the rails is in spec. The barrel is cut in a government profile, so it's a fairly light rifle. I would highly recommend this upper for anyone wanting a 14.5" barrel but is not comletely sold on the M4 profile. If the ban does sunset, I'll probably replace the Cav Arms brake with either a Phantom or a Vortex.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:07:41 PM EDT
Looks great. Nice job!!!
Top Top