Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 5:18:24 PM EDT
Do they make a bushing or something to snug up the fit on an upper and lower receiver?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/Images/acwdge.gif[/img]
ACCU-Wedge eliminates play between upper & lower receivers for a more solid feel - improves accuracy. ACCU-Wedge buffers the cycling system to reduce wear on impacting surfaces. An easy installation, no modifications are required - drop the ACCU-Wedge into the rear of the lower receiver as shown. Close the upper receiver, squeeze, and push takedown pin into place.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]
A simple O-ring added around the front lug on the upper reciever will eliminate play far better than an Accuwedge ever will.

I took my oly preban lower and squished the front ears of the reciever in a vise (very carefully using a calipers and alittle at a time.) I took .015in of play out of the front and now everything fits much tighter.  (My current upper fitted so tightly that I had to file fit it.) Now the rear pushpin goes in with a little more force than normal but I like it that way, I'm sure it will work in anyway.

and for now it's an ar that is bolt-gun solid.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear that using Accuwedge on aalready tight gun will actually accelerate the wear, is it true?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top