Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/16/2003 5:18:24 PM EDT
Do they make a bushing or something to snug up the fit on an upper and lower receiver?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:22:34 PM EDT
[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/Images/acwdge.gif[/img] ACCU-Wedge eliminates play between upper & lower receivers for a more solid feel - improves accuracy. ACCU-Wedge buffers the cycling system to reduce wear on impacting surfaces. An easy installation, no modifications are required - drop the ACCU-Wedge into the rear of the lower receiver as shown. Close the upper receiver, squeeze, and push takedown pin into place.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:53:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:03:21 AM EDT
A simple O-ring added around the front lug on the upper reciever will eliminate play far better than an Accuwedge ever will. I took my oly preban lower and squished the front ears of the reciever in a vise (very carefully using a calipers and alittle at a time.) I took .015in of play out of the front and now everything fits much tighter. (My current upper fitted so tightly that I had to file fit it.) Now the rear pushpin goes in with a little more force than normal but I like it that way, I'm sure it will work in anyway. and for now it's an ar that is bolt-gun solid.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:38:23 PM EDT
I hear that using Accuwedge on aalready tight gun will actually accelerate the wear, is it true?
Top Top