Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 4:07:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't they just accept and issue these instead of the XM8?

Shit I'ld rather have one of these than that "rubbermade rifle"

If you grab your barrel and forened with one hand and pinch you will probably see the forend move (give, bend whatever you want to call it.)

Anyway that give is there in my 3 KAC FF RAS's, and (my opinion) I don't think mounting a scope ring on the forend of a precision rifle designed for testing purposes is a great idea.  

Doesn't take much movement to open a 1/4MOA group.

[b]Granted the pressure exerted by pinching the two at the extreme end, is a lot heavier than simply resting the rifle, and the fulcrum is close to that scope ring and less effected, that may nearly eliminate any negative effects.[/b]

How much does that rear QD swivel mount (latch plate cover replacement) cost with the swivel included? Are the swivels compatible with KAC QD swivel brackets?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Umm, 12 inches with muzzle brake... I think I will stand back.

Other than that, thats really badass Wes.

I mentioned in an email to you once that M2 Corp. makes 12 inch polygonally rifled barrels. Have you heard anything about these? I hear that the recoil operated HK rifles use these too, but the velocity increase is supposedly offset by the chamber fluting. Anyway, just trying to think of ways to make the shorty a little longer ranged.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#4]
"THAT IS KNIGHT'S RECEIVER END PLATE SINGLE POINT MOUNT, $66. THE HEAVY DUTY QD SWIVELS ARE $15."

Does that mean that it doesn't come with a swivel?  
$80 for a complete unit?

I'll have to think about it.

Nice rifle though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top