Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2003 2:48:33 PM EDT
Can an M16 carrier be used with the new "low profile" Colt sear block such as the one in the picture?

Please no replies about the legality of using an M16 carrier.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Woohoo!  [:D]

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
That was far too easy...
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Got on in my Colt with the same lower.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
My Colt has a sear block in it as well.  I'd like to install a two stage trigger.  This particular block seems to be pinned in somehow.  Is it legal for me to remove it or grind into it for clearance?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:15:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My Colt has a sear block in it as well.  I'd like to install a two stage trigger.  This particular block seems to be pinned in somehow.  Is it legal for me to remove it or grind into it for clearance?
View Quote

It is perfectly legal to remove the sear block as it was NEVER mandated by law. Notice only Colt put them in. However, they can be a PITA to remove and if not done correctly you can damage the lower receiver. I have seen that happen. I do know the Jewell two stage will work with the sear block as I have one in mine with the block. The Armalite two stage will work as well as I had one before the Jewell. The CLE and Bushmaster two stage will not work with the block in, but don't get either one of those triggers as they will not live long.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It is perfectly legal to remove the sear block as it was NEVER mandated by law. Notice only Colt put them in. However, they can be a PITA to remove and if not done correctly you can damage the lower receiver. I have seen that happen. I do know the Jewell two stage will work with the sear block as I have one in mine with the block. The Armalite two stage will work as well as I had one before the Jewell. The CLE and Bushmaster two stage will not work with the block in, but don't get either one of those triggers as they will not live long.
View Quote

Also, I believe the KAC 2-stage trigger will not work with the pinned in block.  Then again, if you have a pinned in block, most likely you have a large pin trigger group so you will be limited to Jewell, Armalite or RRA.  Personally, I use the Jewell and it works great and is easy to install even with the block!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Do these new postban receivers have the hole drilled for the front pushpin retaining pin?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#10]
AFAIK, the latest ones do. There are transitional models that use the .25" pin retained by an offside screw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top