Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2003 10:11:45 AM EDT
This is not a hypothetical question, but unfortunately I do not have the rifle in question in front of me.

So how do you tell if a barrel has chrome lining?  Do most (if not all) manufacturers stamp it on the barrel?  I know certain brands, such as Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite chrome line as a standard.  Does the bore have a certain "look" to it?  

I have seen achromed bolt carrier and it has that greasy silver appearance- should it be fairly similar and obvious in the bore, or is it pretty hard to tell if you have a chrome-lined and non-chrome-lined next to each other?

Thanks

Dawg
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
On the chrome-lined you should see a ring of silver around the muzzle and the chamber where the parkerizing didn't stick to the chrome.

Somebody on the board, probaby Troy, had a nice pair of close-ups showing the difference.  Might do a search on "chrome" and see if you can find an old thread with the pic.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
How is it I knew that if it had to do with chrome, Troy would have the answer? [;)]

I have finally been taken by the darkside and will be swapping out an unlined barrel for a nice chrome-lined barrel with the profile I want.  Muhahaha!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top