Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/11/2003 10:11:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/11/2003 10:12:30 AM EDT by Dawg180]
This is not a hypothetical question, but unfortunately I do not have the rifle in question in front of me.

So how do you tell if a barrel has chrome lining? Do most (if not all) manufacturers stamp it on the barrel? I know certain brands, such as Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite chrome line as a standard. Does the bore have a certain "look" to it?

I have seen achromed bolt carrier and it has that greasy silver appearance- should it be fairly similar and obvious in the bore, or is it pretty hard to tell if you have a chrome-lined and non-chrome-lined next to each other?

Thanks

Dawg
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:09:05 PM EDT
On the chrome-lined you should see a ring of silver around the muzzle and the chamber where the parkerizing didn't stick to the chrome. Somebody on the board, probaby Troy, had a nice pair of close-ups showing the difference. Might do a search on "chrome" and see if you can find an old thread with the pic.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:26:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:38:28 PM EDT
How is it I knew that if it had to do with chrome, Troy would have the answer? [;)] I have finally been taken by the darkside and will be swapping out an unlined barrel for a nice chrome-lined barrel with the profile I want. Muhahaha!
Top Top