Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2003 7:40:32 PM EDT
It seems to be a little loose, is there any way to fix it, or is something wrong? Is the ARMS Throw lever not to spec or is the rail not to spec? Is there any way to fix it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried attaching the light to another side of yer RAS and see if it fits any better?  I'd say it's probably a defective throw lever mount, but put it on another RAS or the 12, 3, or 9 o'clock rail and find out [:)]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact ARMS and they will fix you up.  If you contact Surefire they will say its normal and all M900s do this, which they dont.  The FF RAS is one of the few rails systems that is consistantly in spec.  I had the same problem as you.  The issue is with the friction pad that holds the unit in place that the lever cams on.  I hope that makes sense.  A make shift short term solution is to get out the Dremel and cut a custom rail panel that just barely fits behind the M900.  This will hold the M900 forward against the KAC rail and eliminate slop.  Custom cutting the rails is easy one you get the hang of it, just do it slowly and try getting a few cuts in on the end of the rail you will be discarding before making the final cut.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just had a problem with my ARMS 22M68 being loose. Sent it back to ARMS and the corrected it for me. Any questions call ARMS first.  I talked to Sharon Swan.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your help. I am going to call ARMS today.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Interestingly enough I had a 900A mounted on a SIR 50 and if fit perfectly.  Once I changed to a RAS II the fit was less than perfect.  It wasn't loose, but the throw lever flipped over with very little pressure - much less reassuring than the previous SIR!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have ARMS throw levers on many KAC, PRI and ARMS rails - never had a problem...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top