Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2003 3:55:35 PM EDT
Hi folks, just installed a RR two stage trigger.  Does anyone know what at what pressure the stages release.  Mine seems too light on the first stage....just a few ounces.  Also any info on tuning it would be great.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The first stage should be most of the weight, with the second stage just adding a little bit more.  Sounds like yours isn't tuned right.

I don't know how to tune them, but you might call up John Holliger at [url=http://www.alccrl.org/whiteoak/whiteoak.htm]White Oak Precision[/url].  He sells tuned ones and could probably tune yours for you.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
When you say too light on the first stage it should feel VERY light as you are just taking up the slack of the first stage. It should require almost no effort. When you start to feel resistance, this is the begining of the second stage. Ultimatly what you want to experince is a light crisp break. Some would describe it as "a glass rod breaking." Now something I have noticed with these style of triggers is the hammer spring needs to be strong. if it is weak or replaced with a reduced power spring the crispness of the second stage will disapear.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The first stage should move through its travel easily, but I still think that should take most of the weight.  2-stage triggers fool your finger into thinking the trigger is as light as the difference between the two stages.

Just occurred to me that you should probably ask this over on the Competition forum (I think it's under the General board).  Lots of 2-stage shooters over there and I bet one of them knows how to tune them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top