Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2003 1:54:32 PM EDT
The way I understand it is, generally speaking, A chrome lined barrel is more rust resisteant than a SS one but SS barrels are generally a little more accurite so...

...Forgetting price, if you were building a 16" CAR to be used primarly for plinking\target shooting but may also be used as a fall back for your SHTF gun would you use a chrome lined steel barrel or a stainless steel barrel? Please include you reasoning.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:00:51 PM EDT
chrome lined, 4150 chro-moly steel no break-in (except for shooting it 300 or so rounds before cleaning), cleans up easy, not shiney and will outlast a SS barrel by some undetermined (by me!) amount.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:42:22 PM EDT
Have you seen that Bushmaster will be doing 1/7 chrome lined HBARS special for us for under $170? Thats your barrel right there. You wont find cheaper. My Bushmaster 1/7 M4 will do MOA. Is that accurate enough for you?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:54:28 PM EDT
Have you seen that Bushmaster will be doing 1/7 chrome lined HBARS special for us for under $170?
View Quote
Nope, didn't know that. Do you have a link or is it in the EE?
My Bushmaster 1/7 M4 will do MOA. Is that accurate enough for you?
View Quote
NO, are you serious? MOA is crap. I expect 1/2MOA or better! - Just f'ing with ya, MOA is better than I can usually shoot! [:)] Here let me be real picky, any chance the HBAR have flutes? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:10:21 PM EDT
Never mind, saw the link below. Thanks
Top Top