Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2003 1:54:32 PM EDT
The way I understand it is, generally speaking, A chrome lined barrel is more rust resisteant than a SS one but SS barrels are generally a little more accurite so...

...Forgetting price, if you were building a 16" CAR to be used primarly for plinking\target shooting but may also be used as a fall back for your SHTF gun would you use a chrome lined steel barrel or a stainless steel barrel? Please include you reasoning.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
chrome lined, 4150 chro-moly steel

no break-in (except for shooting it 300 or so rounds before cleaning), cleans up easy, not shiney and will outlast a SS barrel by some undetermined (by me!) amount.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you seen that Bushmaster will be doing 1/7 chrome lined HBARS special for us for under $170?  Thats your barrel right there.  You wont find cheaper.  My Bushmaster 1/7 M4 will do MOA.  Is that accurate enough for you?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you seen that Bushmaster will be doing 1/7 chrome lined HBARS special for us for under $170?
View Quote
Nope, didn't know that. Do you have a link or is it in the EE?

My Bushmaster 1/7 M4 will do MOA. Is that accurate enough for you?
View Quote
NO, are you serious? MOA is crap. I expect 1/2MOA or better! - Just f'ing with ya, MOA is better than I can usually shoot! [:)]

Here let me be real picky, any chance the HBAR have flutes? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Never mind, saw the link below. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top