Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/4/2003 3:54:03 PM EDT
Anybody ever heard of these? I just picked up a set and they are both very nicely done and finished. The lower is marked CMT-15 and the upper has a Key hole marking behind the case deflector. Still not sure what I am going to build this set into. Maybe a post ban SPR...

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:47:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/4/2003 4:48:55 PM EDT by Bradd_D]
Recent Bushmaster and RRA uppers have the same marking. If the uppers are good enough for them, they must be O.K. [;)] BTW, my Bushy has the same mark and it's a fine upper. I believe my RRA lower is CMT as well based on a previous thread. My serial is CM 198XX.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:45:08 PM EDT
CMT makes excellent lowers I can vouch for that. I have been really happy with mine. They are mil-spec drylube coated internally too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:42:06 PM EDT
[url]continentalmachinetool.com[/url] [img]continentalmachinetool.com/images/sections/firearms.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:19:37 PM EDT
I bought 2 sets after meeting 2 CMT employees who had a table at a local gun show. I was invited to the plant for a quick factory tour, and bought the sets there, right at the factory. Nice people, cool factory. They were making uppers & lowers for both RRA & Bushmaster, although the factory rep of one of those companies will deny that the lowers are being manufactured there. Oh no, I said it again... Anyways, the marking on the upper identifies the FORGERY that forged the raw, unmachined blank to CMT.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:32:42 AM EDT
I sat down and looked at these side by side with my prized PWA prebans and the CMT has it all over the PWAs and i never thought I would say that. So At $169.00 for a set with a flat top, I am WAY happy with them. I am going to stock up on a couple for no ther reason than hopes that the ban will sunset. If it doesn't I can still build postban SPRs out of em. IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:18:44 AM EDT
Would someone out there mind posting a nice, clear picture of a recent C.M.T. roll-marked lower? I know its alot to ask but I too would like to pick-up one of these in the future. The lowers they made for Century Arms Inc. looked perfect. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:46:03 AM EDT
Where can one purchase these CMT uppers/lowers/etc? -Cap'n
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:03:16 AM EDT
I've been selling CMT Lowers and flattops for over a year now and the quality is great. The overall finish is a lot smoother, almost no machine marks like what has been comming out of COLT latley.
Top Top