Member Login
Posted: 11/3/2003 5:32:54 PM EDT
which to avoid, any advice.
-bill
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:43:59 PM EDT
IBTL
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:44:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2003 5:47:51 PM EDT by BDHershey]
I got 5 of the SA80 30rd mags from Eagle Firearms. They all sem to function well, all fit well, and drop free. The finish is good, and I like the grey color. I think Eagle is out of them right now, but I got my mags for about $80 bucks. Also be sur eand check the equipment exchange! hershey Also ther are rankings in the Magazine forum at the top.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:53:21 PM EDT
Stick to the USGI mags. Check the Equipment Exchange at the top of the page. Lots of good deals on mags can be found there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:57:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:32:11 PM EDT
Prices on USGI (aluminum) and SA80 (steel) are really dropping lately, with the uncertainty of the AWB being renewed a lot of dealers are dumping their inventory. This is good if you need some mags right now, but if you're looking to stockpile them I would wait till the ban goes away and NIW USGIs are $10 each. I know, I know... but I'm an optimist. As far as mags go, anything USGI is good, as are the British SA80's. I have a dozen or so Thermold mags, I've never had a problem with them and they have a good reputation... Just avoid the canadian versions with the maple leaf molded into the side; they were made with an inferior plastic that melts much more readily than the regular thermolds. Orlites are Isreali mags that are kinda like wolf ammo; some swear by them, others hate 'em. I think that if you try them and they are reliable in you guns then who cares? But I wouldn't keep them for my SHTF stash. And then there's USA brand mags... if they work I say use them for range mags. But do you really want to be seen with them?
Top Top