Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 6:13:03 AM EDT
I know the SPR has no flash with the sound suppressor on but I ust wondering how the flash signature looks at low light without it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:47:45 AM EDT
[#1]
With what ammo?

If you're using the Mk262 the flash is low no matter what you're using.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Forest,

Yes, I was thinking the MK262 or comparable match ammo.

I'm looking into a comlete SPR rifle and I'm wondering if I'll be missiong much if I go post ban.

I may still go pre-ban because I would really like to have a collapsable stock like Vltor or Magpul on a SPR .  Though with the sunset coming or perhaps even being replaced by something worse I'm still trying to see what's the best way to go.[:|]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not go with the Troy industries brake so you can actually end up buying the suppressor that goes over it?  I will be conducting a test of some ammo out an 18" barrel with the Ops brake this weekend with Brouhaha and should have some pics of the muzzle flash if it gets dark enough before the range closes.  If not I can at least give you an anecdotal account.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Devl,

Yes, I've thought about the Troy brake too, so many choices and not enough moeny...[:(]  I'll be looking foward to your report![:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to go with the troy brake just for the fact that you CAN get a suppresor. Mine is on the way and I will post pics as soon as I can get it put together.

IPSC_GUY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top