Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:13:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Someone is selling it as real gun stock in AR15.com for $170. We will soon find out how tough they are once the real shooters put it throught the real gun recoil. I just hope no one gets hurt.
View Quote

From an AirSoft board, about the repro Crane stocks.
[url]http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30&whichpage=2[/url]
View Quote

It's sad day when the Airsofters know better than some of us not to put that crap on real guns...
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:13:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone is selling it as real gun stock in AR15.com for $170. We will soon find out how tough they are once the real shooters put it throught the real gun recoil. I just hope no one gets hurt.
View Quote

From an AirSoft board, about the repro Crane stocks.
[url]http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30&whichpage=2[/url]
View Quote

It's sad day when the Airsofters know better than some of us not to put that crap on real guns...
View Quote

I totally agree! People are putting really money down for something made by [i]Revell[/i]! They are paying the big money for those stocks and will get a rude awakening when they accidently get gun solvent on the plastic and it melts. Also, the metal components aren't made of the proper materials, but from pot metal.

Come on guys, Save your money! Pay the $300 when the new Crane stock comes to market or pay the buck twenty to get a Vltor stock, which in my honest opinion is a better stock system.

Leave the toys to the kids.

ls
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
If anyone is interested, the link below should take you to the Patent for the Crane stock.  Patent # 6,543,172

[url=http://patimg2.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=06543172&homeurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpatft.uspto.gov%2Fnetacgi%2Fnph-Parser%3FSect1%3DPTO2%2526Sect2%3DHITOFF%2526p%3D1%2526u%3D%2Fnetahtml%2Fsearch-bool.html%2526r%3D34%2526f%3DG%2526l%3D50%2526co1%3DAND%2526d%3Dptxt%2526s1%3Drifle%2526s2%3Dstock%2526OS%3Drifle%252BAND%252Bstock%2526RS%3Drifle%252BAND%252Bstock&PageNum=&Rtype=&SectionNum=&idkey=D237C206E354]Crane Stock Patent[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#4]
giffmann, your link isn't working.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Weird.  It works for me.  

You might need to load the innoVUE viewer to view the TIFF.

Otherwise, try this link:

[url=http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/search-adv.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=ptxt&S1=6543172&OS=6543172&RS=6543172]Crane Stock[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
My favorite part of the airsoft thread is the guy who said he hopes noone gets hurt.  It really does amaze me why someone would spend more money on a questionable copy of something, rather than buy a quality piece like the VLTOR or even a RRA for less money.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#7]
giffmann, thanks your new link worked fine. Interesting reading.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've read that DET-1 is testing various stocks. Nothing about what stock they are actually issued.
View Quote

When it comes to the news stands, pick up the Dec. issue of SWAT.
View Quote
 Yeah, there's a whole article by Pat about the VLTOR, [red]Crane[/red], Magpul, and the Sulley fixed stock.
View Quote

The article really doesn't talk about the Crane that much, although there is a picture or two of it in there. The article mainly focuses on the Magpul MSS, the VLTOR and the Sully stock.

It was a simple mistake but I didn't want anybody to get the wrong idea.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
If you really must have it, the illegal Crane copy is selling a little cheaper here:

[url]http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?subcatid=52[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I think some people are missing the point of the Airsoft copies.  They are for AIRSOFT!  They are nice copies for airsoft guns, and they should have all the accessories to duplicate what's out there.  What I think is wrong is people selling them for use on real firearms, and people buying them and using them on their firearms, when they know they are for airsoft.  I don't have a problem with cool airsoft toys and accessories, but if someone uses those items in place of the real thing on a firearm, who's the fool?  If someone markets or sells those airsoft items for use on real items, that is just vile.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely amazing! After all of this discussion about Airsoft stocks on a real firearm, you go out and buy TWO? I even stated that I've handled an airsoft replica. Let me say again that it was flimsy compared to a real stock. The plastic was AT LEAST half the thickness of my authentic Crane. Plus the airsoft had the locking mechanism problems that we read so much about. I'm sure it would be fine on any airsoft toy, but by your last post I assume you intend to "test" it on a real firearm.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#13]
OFF-TOPIC ALERT!!!!

Damn, Yojimbo, if you worked out you might be able to put on some muscle. hahaha

END OF OFF-TOPIC ALERT....
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
So is this airsoft copy selling here for $100 more than the airsoft folks are selling or?

Wow!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like it may already have:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=185266[/url]

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crane didn't make the stock, ARMS did.
View Quote

Not to flame here but absolutely none of that is even close to being true
View Quote
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is wondering why you didn't care to elaborate.
View Quote

___

All the Crane stocks I've seen were molded/made by Omega Plastics, and then finished in-house at Crane.

Kel
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Having had a real beard and not the imitation shown in the pictures, I can affirm that real beard hairs will not pass up any opportunity to get got in something to get yanked out.

Will a VLTOR fit on a Colt Sporter and would it be legal?  I'm thinking of making a few mods to the stock gun.  Pre-Ban purchased in '90 and registered in CA as a AW so I'm thinking adding a collapsible stock should be legal for both Fed and CA purposes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top