Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 9:34:36 AM EDT
Hey Guys,
I have a newly acquired Colt MT6400C M4gery with the faux collapsible stock. I'd like to switch it out for either an A1 stock, or some other kind of fake folding number. I'm having a really hard time getting a consistent cheek weld with the "stock" stock, hence the need for a switch. I have absolutely no idea what's involved, so here are my questions:

1) Is the "fake" plastic part of the stock removable, without having to take off the buffer tube?
2) Can I install an A1 or A2 stock on the existing buffer tube, or does that need to be replaced as well?
3) if the buffer tube needs to be replaced, what special tools will I need to do it right?
4) What would you recommend as a replacement? I don't need something I can hang alot of hee-haw's off of, just a sturdy stock with a good cheek weld, for range and home defense duty.

Thanks alot!
vanfunk
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#1]
My two suggestion, Vltor Mod Stock in A1 length or Cav Arms C5 stock in A1 length.

Quoted:
1) Is the "fake" plastic part of the stock removable, without having to take off the buffer tube?
View Quote

Yes it is, it is just bolted down from what I can remember.  

Quoted:
2) Can I install an A1 or A2 stock on the existing buffer tube, or does that need to be replaced as well?
View Quote

You will have to replace the buffer tube if you go with an A1 stock.

Quoted:
3) if the buffer tube needs to be replaced, what special tools will I need to do it right?
View Quote

I use a punch to loosen and tighten the ring, installing the A1 stock, all you need a wrench and a screw driver.

Quoted:
4) What would you recommend as a replacement? I don't need something I can hang alot of hee-haw's off of, just a sturdy stock with a good cheek weld, for range and home defense duty.
View Quote

Calvery Arms C5 stock would be your best simple to the point option. is an very nice upgrade with a decent price.  I have one on my SPR and I love it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys,
I'll check out Cavalry Arms. Will they have everything I need for this conversion? When I change out the buffer tube, can I keep the factory Colt spring and "H" buffer?

Thanks,
vanfunk
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top