Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2003 8:13:12 PM EDT
Well, I've been wanting a MID carbine for my first AR....but couldn't understand why I couldn't find a Chrome Lined MID from RRA, when they supposedly use the same barrel mfg. as Armalite (Wilson, as per Troys document).  So, I emailed 'em, and got this in reply:

Chrome-lining is currently offered in a mid-length 16" set up, as long as
you're willing to go pre-ban or post-ban with a permanent brake.  It's a $35
upgrade.
We don't offer more chrome-lined barrels because we really don't have a high
demand for them.  When we do the mids, we don't get that many and they last
for months and months.  I've never had a request for a 20" CL.  I can't
really say why...if we had the demand, we would do them.

So, sounds like they're available...even though I thought they weren't.  Only thing is they come with a permanent muzzle brake.  Thought some of you might like to know....FWIW.

Max
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They've been available for quite some time.  I got mine early this year, in TASC format with their military style brake on it.  Haven't shot it much, but did well when I did shot it.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:08:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they still offering these do you know?

That's exactly what I want, a 16" mid-length chrome lined pre-ban

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]
YES!

Just got off the phone with RRA,

They did have this barrel in stock, though it was something they had to look for.

My A-4, mid-length, CHROME LINED, pre-ban, Upper assy. is on the way.  

By December, I'll have my Daniel Defense Mid-length 4-rail free-floating handguard installed on it, a PRI folding front sight and a Vortex FS.

Awwww...I can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I talked to my contact at RRA this afternoon, and amongst the other interesting tidbits, I learned that they will have a mid-length version of their quad-rail approximately 6 -8 weeks.
Thinking another mid-length carbine, also chrome-lined, but a flat top with weaver gas block and quad rail..maybe their new tac brake this time.  I should just do direct deposit of half my pay checks to them.
Sluggo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top