Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2003 8:13:12 PM EDT
Well, I've been wanting a MID carbine for my first AR....but couldn't understand why I couldn't find a Chrome Lined MID from RRA, when they supposedly use the same barrel mfg. as Armalite (Wilson, as per Troys document). So, I emailed 'em, and got this in reply:

Chrome-lining is currently offered in a mid-length 16" set up, as long as
you're willing to go pre-ban or post-ban with a permanent brake. It's a $35
upgrade.
We don't offer more chrome-lined barrels because we really don't have a high
demand for them. When we do the mids, we don't get that many and they last
for months and months. I've never had a request for a 20" CL. I can't
really say why...if we had the demand, we would do them.

So, sounds like they're available...even though I thought they weren't. Only thing is they come with a permanent muzzle brake. Thought some of you might like to know....FWIW.

Max
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:41:23 PM EDT
They've been available for quite some time. I got mine early this year, in TASC format with their military style brake on it. Haven't shot it much, but did well when I did shot it. Sluggo
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:08:56 AM EDT
Are they still offering these do you know? That's exactly what I want, a 16" mid-length chrome lined pre-ban
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:23:24 AM EDT
YES! Just got off the phone with RRA, They did have this barrel in stock, though it was something they had to look for. My A-4, mid-length, CHROME LINED, pre-ban, Upper assy. is on the way. By December, I'll have my Daniel Defense Mid-length 4-rail free-floating handguard installed on it, a PRI folding front sight and a Vortex FS. Awwww...I can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:31:38 PM EDT
I talked to my contact at RRA this afternoon, and amongst the other interesting tidbits, I learned that they will have a mid-length version of their quad-rail approximately 6 -8 weeks. Thinking another mid-length carbine, also chrome-lined, but a flat top with weaver gas block and quad rail..maybe their new tac brake this time. I should just do direct deposit of half my pay checks to them. Sluggo
Top Top