Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2003 1:26:23 PM EDT
Money notwithstanding...would you buy an ArmaLite, Rock River Arms, Colt, Bushmaster?
For LEOs...Law Enforcement Carbine, Government Carbine, A3 Tactical Carbine...
All these refles are similar and similar in pricing...what would YOU do???
Thanks for the help!
Bill
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It's really all just a matter of preference, as all the companies you've named have well-established reputations. My choice would be Bushmaster. I have owned four from them (two pre-ban, two post-ban) and was quite happy with all of them. Colt has made too many non-mil spec modifications to AR-15 rifles over the years for me to want one of their rifles. I would still choose a Colt for a pre-ban though. I've owned an ArmaLite AR-10 and liked it, but not their AR-15. Basically the same though. I've never dealt with Rock River Arms either, but have heard good things about them.

There you have it. After my answer, you are basically where you were before. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I limit my choices to Bushmaster, Colt's, and ArmaLite in that order.  If you want carbine length the standard USGI spec M4/M4A1 is the way to go.  Enforcement weapons should have milspec pins, etc.

A chromelined bore is essential for a duty weapon, as are iron sights.

My personal choice, based on years of using the system, is the fixed receiver handle, telestock version.  The sights are always there.  If you want the M68 CCO dot sight put it out over the barrel on the ARMS #39A2Plus.  My choice is not universal, but I've been flattop, SIR, etc., and have come back to my early 1990s M4 configuration.

Fit the latest version of the Vortex flash supressor and you're good to go.

KISS.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Also depends on what ammo you'll be using in it.1/9 will be fine for most of the ammo but you might need a Colt 1/7 if you'll be using any of the heavier tactical rounds.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top