Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 11:59:09 AM EDT
Has anybody ever seen these two types of stocks side by side ? I am curious about length in comparison to each other and since I own post ban I cannot legally add a collapsible stock to my carbine and wont add a collapsable stock that wont collapse I have a standard A2 buttstock and am 6'1" -yes they stack it that high in Missouri- and dont want to get a shorty version stock if I am going to end up with my eye an inch behind  my #40 and my trigger finger behind my right ear see what I mean ? If its not that bad it will be ok but I believe the collapsable stock is even shorter when collapsed than a RRA 'Entry" stock ? you'all tell me . I see the write up BM's catalog and sez its'Stubby is 7.25" , DPMS has the Sully in at 8' from end of receiver to end of stock but I do not know if RRA's 'Entry' is what BM is selling but their catalog doesn't say  ? I am interested in the Sully STS because it is a little longer but would like to hear from anybody who has used the Sully or the Entry and what they think . The Sully adds that 'SAW' look but hey just something else I dont need but will end up with. I am aware of the buttstock extender if I add that to the Sully it will be almost as long as the A2 stock I have now- but that is more gun parts I am mainly curious in as they are . So if anybody can spare me the agony and guilt (psyche !) of having to tell the ol'lady I put more guns parts on the credit card please chime in now ... before I ruin my own weekend !Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]
We are about to add a 1" thicker buttplate to the stock kits.
View Quote

Sully,

Could you explain, in terms my simple LEO mind can understand, how your stock lengths compare to a four position collapsible?  I have a Colt and I've found that while wearing body armor I like the the first notch out.  However, when not wearing body armor, I run the stock in the next notch back.  How does the Sully Stock with the 1" spacer compare to the 3rd position on a 4 position stock?

thanks,
John
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's what I get with a Vltor on a Colt 4 pos tube:

6 3/4"
8 1/2"
9 1/4"
10 1/8"
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Sully - Sir
      Thanks for the report that is exactly what I was looking for and the feedback from the other guys , but doesn't anyone use the Entry/Stubby stock ? I have a side sling attachment (from DPMS)which adds I think about an eighth or so I haven't took ruler to it and I am trying to reduce the length just shy of the A1 stock ti would be easier to add that to reduce. I will ask Steve at RRA if a trap door butt plate can be added ? The Entry stock in relation to an A2: is the length reduced at the receiver end only or is it from both ends which would leave the endplate same width length as the A2 ?? I'll let you know what I find .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top