Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2003 11:38:14 AM EDT
This is my latest pet project idea.  

As far as I am concerned these barrels are the Holy Grail of M4 barrels.

They are Heavy under the handguards with flats so the M203 will still mount.

Save's the barrel when used in full auto and esspecially with sound suppressors.

Maybe if we can spark some interest someone will make them.

1/7 chrome lined 14.5in yeah that's what I'm talking about. Gives you the M4 look without being the only barrel that has been know to plasticize in 220rds of auto fire.

So would you buy a SOCOM M4A1 HBAR?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Was just looking at a complete upper this evening at the show .. nice but a little high for my budget at the moment (something about just getting one or two ACOGs ... note two ACOGs are the same cost as the HBAR M4 with an Aimpoint.)

Depending on price, if chrome lined and in 5.56 chambering ... yes there are two of us in this neck of the woods that would get one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.autoweapons.com/photosv/coltm4a3hbupp.html[/url]

Yes, but not for $1800.00
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd definitely buy one if the price was right.

But, how about a 14" 1:7 medium weight barrel without any M203 cuts?  I know the 9021 is the Holy Grail, but practically speaking, not but a sparse few civvy's will be attaching a 203.  A medium weight barrel would be great for FA and suppressor use without being too heavy.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Was just looking at a complete upper this evening at the show .. nice but a little high for my budget at the moment (something about just getting one or two ACOGs ... note two ACOGs are the same cost as the HBAR M4 with an Aimpoint.)

Well it doesn't have to be Colt.. it could be a Bushy, RRA or DPMS barrel as long as it was chrome lined.

I don't think the barrel should cost more than $300. add an LMT Ramped upper and RAS and you're at $850 and you'll be about $200 short for the ACOG but then at least you'll have something to put it on when you buy it.

If I deploy I would like to have a upper allready set up like that. Then I could just change out the 203, throw the issue upper in my wallocker and deploy with the 9021 HB M4 with M4 QD FH allready attached and ACOG/Dr Optic KAC 300M BUIS mounted and sighted in. Yeah I know that might never fly in an active unit but I'm sure I could swing it in my Guard unit.

For a Colt $850 for a upper (with std handguards) would be a deal. But at $1800 I'ld rather throw on the M4 QD and watch Uncle Sams barrel get red hot and droop. $1800 is steep.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I already have the upper, I just need the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Well Fine then who is interested in this barrel?

I personally would need both the barrel and a Colt upper, but would probably be better off buying those seperately anyway.

details, details, details....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top