Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/24/2003 5:48:39 AM EDT
will an aimpoint co-whitness on the upper of a SIR bi-level? if not, i still might want to keep it on the upper but as low as possible, what should i look at for mounts? i just got my SIR 50C in today and am looking to grab an aimpoint for it shortly...
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:07:21 AM EDT
The Aimpoint will co-witness on the upper part of the bi-level rail with an ARMS 22m68 mount. The lower front part of the top rail is made so the EO-tech will cowitness. You can put the Aimpoint out front but you might need a spacer to properly co-witness with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:57:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/24/2003 9:58:03 AM EDT by SMGLee]
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/optic-1.jpg[/img] This is a bi-lever SIR with EOTech on the lower rail and an Aimpoint with ARMS #22/M68 on the top rail. The Aimpoint as you can see from the picture co-witness perfectly with the iron on the SIR top rail.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:50:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/24/2003 10:51:38 AM EDT by newar15guy]
thanks guys. that's a nice rig chen... makes me want to keep my EOTech on there too, though i don't really think i need that much red-dot optics. i haven't been 100% satisfied with my EOTech. i've decided to try out a Comp M2. i figure it will give me a little more versatility. (by versatility i mean where and how it's mounted on the gun.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:06:12 AM EDT
This may be a really dumb question, but keep in mind that I am an complete M4 newbie. Why would you need to cowitness two red dots? I don't own an AR (but plan to in the not-too-distant future) so i really don't know much about aimpoints or optics in general. I'm definitely learning a lot here though...
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:13:25 AM EDT
The two-at-once pic just shows how both of them line up correctly when placed on the appropriate rails. Newar15guy, you're gonna love that setup! I just got my #50 yesterday and I have a M2/#22M68 on top.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:25:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Spitfire75: This may be a really dumb question, but... why would you need to cowitness two red dots?
View Quote
It's an Airsoft thing. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:45:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Spitfire75: Why would you need to cowitness two red dots?
View Quote
Strazz and Ellery is correct in each own ways. I did this picture to show the option you may have with each optic on the bi-level SIR, I do not run around with both optic on my gun, this picture is for reference only for anyone that might have a question regarding co-witness possibility with ARMS products. And Ellery is absolutely correct, I only have airsoft rifle, I do npt own any real steel guns. [;)] I am a big poser. I am the president of the Airsoft owners club of America [;)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:55:05 AM EDT
Yeah when you see a gas tube discolored from high heat. You can tell it is an airsoft gun.... Those plastic BB's and 9V batteries get really hot. [:D]
Top Top