Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2003 5:33:26 AM EDT
Does anyone have preference and why?  M&A Parts advertises Wilson match grade barrels.  I'm pretty sure that J&T Distributing and Model 1 uses the Shaw barrels.  Is there any significant difference?  

Also, does anyone know which barrel RRA uses, is it of their own manufacture?  Thanks,
L'man
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Also, does anyone know which barrel RRA uses, is it of their own manufacture? Thanks,
View Quote

Rock River uses Wilson.

[img]http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/ucara2cm.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I still don't understand why you can't get a Chrome-lined Bore and Chamber from RRA....especially since they use Wilsons.  Everyone else that uses Wilsons provides Chrome Lining as an option....anybody know what Gives here??

Thanks,
Max
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I had a model1sales Shaw barrel SS heavy barreled gun and a RRA DCM upper with SS wilson barrel

(both uppers were the same except the RRA had the DCM tubed handguards.)

With a properly mounted 9power scope the Model 1 Sales shot 3/4MOA

With the irons the RRA shot .4MOA

[b]The quality of the RRA's bore seemed to convince me that it was a higher quality barrel.

The RRA cleaned easier meaning that it probably had a smoother interior finish.

The RRA barrel is bead blasted and the model1Sales barrel is provided mirror polished and easilly scratches. [/b]

The Shaw chrome moly barrels have shitty bores (lots of surface imperfections and circular marks running perpendicular with the bore.) I was not impressed with the quality of the 3 bores I had that were chrome moly so I sold them without ever firing any of them.

It's not scientific but I say go with RRA/Wilson
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#4]
i believe the SS Wilson barrels come lapped, which decreases greatly break-in time and increses accuaracy out of the box.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the imput.  It's an RRA upper for me.  
L'man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top