Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/24/2003 5:33:26 AM EDT
Does anyone have preference and why? M&A Parts advertises Wilson match grade barrels. I'm pretty sure that J&T Distributing and Model 1 uses the Shaw barrels. Is there any significant difference?

Also, does anyone know which barrel RRA uses, is it of their own manufacture? Thanks,
L'man
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:19:56 AM EDT
Also, does anyone know which barrel RRA uses, is it of their own manufacture? Thanks,
View Quote
Rock River uses Wilson. [img]http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/ucara2cm.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:17:15 AM EDT
I still don't understand why you can't get a Chrome-lined Bore and Chamber from RRA....especially since they use Wilsons. Everyone else that uses Wilsons provides Chrome Lining as an option....anybody know what Gives here?? Thanks, Max
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:14:21 AM EDT
Well I had a model1sales Shaw barrel SS heavy barreled gun and a RRA DCM upper with SS wilson barrel (both uppers were the same except the RRA had the DCM tubed handguards.) With a properly mounted 9power scope the Model 1 Sales shot 3/4MOA With the irons the RRA shot .4MOA [b]The quality of the RRA's bore seemed to convince me that it was a higher quality barrel. The RRA cleaned easier meaning that it probably had a smoother interior finish. The RRA barrel is bead blasted and the model1Sales barrel is provided mirror polished and easilly scratches. [/b] The Shaw chrome moly barrels have shitty bores (lots of surface imperfections and circular marks running perpendicular with the bore.) I was not impressed with the quality of the 3 bores I had that were chrome moly so I sold them without ever firing any of them. It's not scientific but I say go with RRA/Wilson
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:48:09 AM EDT
i believe the SS Wilson barrels come lapped, which decreases greatly break-in time and increses accuaracy out of the box.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:06:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:28:14 PM EDT
Thanks for the imput. It's an RRA upper for me. L'man
Top Top