Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2003 7:29:09 PM EDT
Does anyone make a 14 1/2" skinney barrel? Not an M4 type, but like a A1 barrel?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt did, for the M16carbine. Don't see them for sale very much.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes Colt did make them. I have one in 1/7. I found it at a Reno Gun Show a few years back. They come up on the EE once or twice a year. I wish someone would make these barrels.

Here it is on my little light weight carbine

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/063183.jpg[/img]

I wanted another one but could not find one at a price I was willing to pay. So I bought a Colt 16 inch light weight 1/7 barrel and sent it to KKF. Kirt cut it to 14.5 inches and pinned a Vortex on the end for a VERY resonable price.

Here are some pics of the cut 16 incher that I just got back from KKF this week.

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/063156.jpg[/img]

It does cut into some of the stamping on the barrel.
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/063157.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Lucky, I have been lusting after your A1 for a long time. You've been posting pictures of it pretty regular for a few weeks. I am waiting on parts to finally build one for myself. That thing just appeals to me. Man, it's KILLING me! Thank you for the inspiration.
Ass kissin' mode off for a question. Do you know if Kurt was able to rethread your skinny barrel to put the Vortex on? I don't know these things, but I would think the barrel would be too thin for threads. I know yours is perm attached. Did he thread it or press fit it on, then permanently attach it? I am wanting the 14 1/2 without the Vortex permanently on there.
Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Chad.

I e-mailed Kirt the same question before sending my barrel to him. I wanted it threaded and pinned so that if I ever wanted to change the Vortex out with a Bi-Lock I could. He stated to me that it would be chopped, threaded and pinned. I can just make out the blind pin on the underside of the Vortex and it is off center so I do believe that he did the work the way I asked him. Just e-mail Kirt he will take care of you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Diemaco also makes a 14.5 cold hammer forged pencil barrel but the barrel is almost next to impossible to get.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Diemaco also makes a 14.5 cold hammer forged pencil barrel but the barrel is almost next to impossible to get.
View Quote
I'm curious Chen, do you know if they're available at all in Canada, or are they just not available much to civilians generally?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Anything diemaco is not available to civilians in Canada nor in US.  This is the contract Diemaco had with Colt.  They are strictly military sales internationally(no US) only.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
makes sense. thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Diemaco is allowed to sell to the RCMP, and now municipal LE depts as well - so there are bound to be some trickle down barrels.

As well Diemaco has done some business with US gov't and business that have seen some come south.

I would love to see a Diemaco 1:7 16" midlength...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top