Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/6/2003 4:04:46 PM EDT
O.K. I'm FINALLY looking at getting into High Power compition. I'm trying to gather info on who makes a good (or better) rifle that fits into the service rifle rules. I've seen several of the links provided this site, but they don't give me a very objective view... that's where you guys come in! So the question has been pretty much already stated with out the $$$ quotent.

I've heard pretty good things about "Rock River Arms". I've also heard not so good things about "DPMS". I was curious about "JP", "The Fulton Armory", "ASA", "American Eagle"(???), and I'm sure there's a rash of others out there too. I can shoot fairly well, but have never seriously competed. Give me a hand here guys... and gals. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:25:35 PM EDT
I have heard several people at the matches that i shoot at speak very highly of Compass Lake's competition rifles and our club rifles (Bushmaster CMP) are very competative also. I shoot a colt (that makes me the enemy it seems).
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:19:06 PM EDT
Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster, RRA, in that order. The rest you can ignor for my money! Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:39:06 PM EDT
Avoid ASA like the plague!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2003 7:36:19 PM EDT by MaverickMkii]
Pick from ABC as usual. (Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt... not in any particular order other than alphabetical) But if you ask me about it I'm going Bushmaster. (again no particular reason, I just like Bushmaster better overall)
Top Top