Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 1:01:26 PM EDT
I've just started looking at AR15s and am looking for opinions on Fulton Armory products.  

I'm still collecting information - trying to decide if I should build one or buy a complete rifle.  

I see Colt, Bushmaster, and DPMS manufacturers referenced quite often, but haven't seen Fulton Armory.  Are their products quality - accurate and reliable?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You're comparing apples and oranges. FA is a custom built rifle and the others are factory built. And, FA as with most other custom builders cost more money. What you really need to do is to figure out what you want, how much your budget is and what you want to do with the rifle. Competition shooting, bottle busting, varminting, benchrest, what? Depending on what your goals are any of the ones you listed may suit your needs. What you really need to figure out is what will suit my needs without busting the bank. Just because something costs more does not necessarily mean it will do the job better.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no need to buy a custom built rifle.  The smith almost cannot make your rifle more or less accurate.  Any monkey can build an AR after reading the directions.  My suggestion is to pick out a complete component list and either assemble it yourself (very easy but requires tools) or have someone assemble it for you.  You will get just as good a rifle for less money.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one made on a stripped DPMS lower (no tax from fulton).

It shoots between 1 and 3 inches at 100 with Q3131A, XM 193, and black hills (1in with BH) when I totally sandbag it and mount a scope.

It had to go back twice for fitting to run 100%, but fix it they did and it now runs with everything but wolf 100%, wolf is more like 80%.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'll tell ya.  Whilst I have no direct experience w/the brand, a few weeks ago a fella posted a pic of his Fulton Armory lower.  He was real proud of it---thought it looked great.

All I saw was a VERY rough looking POS, with rounded corners where they should be sharp and a finish that looked like the thing had been rolled around in a sand dump for three days before being anodized.

The fella was very impressed with the silhouette outline brand marking on the side of the thing, and I figured that if he was happy, who was I to rain on his parade by suggesting that he put his piece along side any Colt, Bushmaster, or Rock River lower.

Now Fulton Armory rifles may shoot like a house afire, but the part I saw looked more like a house burned down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top