Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2003 6:11:46 AM EDT
Hi, friends.

I am looking for real Crane stock which was delivered to D.E.V.G.R.U..

Do you know total number of products and the availability of the stock in the market?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]

First thing, welcome to the forum. It's always good to have a new member [:)]

For more information of the availability of the Crane stock, click on this link: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=171071&w=searchPop[/url]

Good Luck

ls

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
For a functional alternative be sure to check out the VLTOR modstocks.  They're not identical, but similar.  

P.S.  If this mystical DEVGRU really existed, it would probably have the same rules as fight club.  Better to say SEALs or Crane.  Nobody tries to deny their existence.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

P.S.  If this mystical DEVGRU really existed, it would probably have the same rules as fight club.  Better to say SEALs or Crane.  Nobody tries to deny their existence.
View Quote

SEAL Team 6 is also know as the Money Group!

I too agree, try the Modstock, you'll like it!

ls
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Plan on spending $500+ for one!  Get a VLTOR.  If the look is what your after the VLTOR has it.  It also costs a third the price at most and has far better features.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the stocks(in nice condition) that I would consider selling. I would sell just the stock assembly without receiver extension. Email me if you are interested at [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 7103(b)(1) of title 5 of the United States Code, and having determined that the Naval Special Warfare Development Group has as a primary function intelligence, counter-intelligence, investigative, or national security work and that the provisions of Chapter 71 of title 5 of the United States Code cannot be applied to this organization in a manner consistent with national security requirements and considerations, Executive Order 12171 of November 19, 1979, as amended, is further amended by adding the following at the end of section 1-205:

"(i) Naval Special Warfare Development Group."
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Can someone with eyes on a real Crane stock check for manufacter info and especially patent information.  Perhaps the patent owner may be interested in licencing to mfr.

I did some looking at www.uspto.gov  turned up nothing so far.  Perhaps its not patented, we are just assuming it is.  If its not, why not copy it??

TJ

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't find any info at all. Its completely "sanitized".
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#9]
ARMS was supposed to put the stock into production but I think that turned into a farce. There was word that LMT was going to produce them but I don't know how that stands.

Perhaps our friends from MSTN will have some up to date information from LMT as to where the stock stands. I'd sure like to know myself.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Have you guys checked Ebay recently? There are a ton of Knock off Crane Stocks for sale. Who knows, they may be better quality then the originals. Check out this link:[url=http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=crane+stock]Crane Stock[/url]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Hi, do you know how to distinguish a copy and a genuine one?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hi, do you know how to distinguish a copy and a genuine one?
View Quote

Don't have a clue. Some of those knockoffs are almost better then the originals. It would be worth looking into. I wonder how low the prices will get?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#13]
When operators and/or organizations ask not to be discussed I extend that courtesy.  Its not that I am clueless or less adept at an internet scavenger hunt.  There is more to OPSEC than what is or isn't public record.  When in doubt STHU.  I'm not angry with anyone, nobody means bad.  But in a forum with more than a handful of military members, it is vital to educate and protect people and information, no matter how trivial.  No damage done here, its just the principle.  Sorry to interrupt the thread.  VLTORs rule.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Why all the fuss over the soft plastic Crane's? Buy a Vltor and spend the savings on ammo!

Note that the origin of the so called Crane stocks on EBay is Hong Kong and they have bids on them....geeeessshhhh.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Have you guys checked Ebay recently? There are a ton of Knock off Crane Stocks for sale. Who knows, they may be better quality then the originals. Check out this link:[url=http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=crane+stock]Crane Stock[/url]
View Quote

Those "Crane Stock" listed on eBay are not real Crane stock. Those are copies, made in HongKong for BB Gun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#16]
You know it's a real Crane cause 1) it's sanitized - no markings, and 2) it cost you $550 or more in general [;)]
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#17]
i wouldnt be suprised if the AirSoft Crane copies are better then the real ones. i think it was said on the board that the real crane stocks used a weak plastic used for prototyping and they do not stand up to normal field use.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i think it was said on the board that the real crane stocks used a weak plastic used for prototyping and they do not stand up to normal field use.
View Quote

That is true, I hear the Crane stock cracking all the time under heavy use. Any Crane stock made by either ARMS or LMT will have to go to the military to fulfill the need for the stock by the troops, civies are going have to wait untill they caught up with the military orders.
Just look at the Eagle chest rig, it is a Eagle deisng and BHI beat them to the market with their STRIKE set up and up until now you still can't find any Eagle rig becasue everything they made is going to the troops.

Vltor is a good alternative.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I wrote the seller and ebay if it is a copy which I konw its im going to make sure ebay knows there full of SH*T!! If its a good copy(better than the airsoft) it might not be bad for $50

FREE

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Those "Crane Stock" listed on eBay are not real Crane stock. Those are copies, made in HongKong for BB Gun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#20]
They changed the ad and they explained that it is a copy. Its not a airsoft or so they said, they said it was a exact copy. It seens like hong kong doesnt care about copyright law. The guy thats bidding on it is going to let me know if its good or not. crane stocks for $100 now that would be nice.
    FREE
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi,

Just for your info, those copies are made in Hong Kong, not in Japan.
It may be in same place when Americans see both regions...

By the way, where can I find out a real crane stock??? Help me Please!!

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Crane's can't be all that if guys are using rubber bands and innertube to tighten 'em up!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:36:16 AM EDT
[#23]
My Crane had ABSOLUTELY NO play, it was very tight.  The only thing that may have needed a rubber band was to keep the adjustment latch from wiggling or getting pulled out.  It still felt the best on my cheek out of all telestocks, but the Vltor and Magpul are simply far more versatile and feature rich.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top