Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2003 8:16:00 PM EDT
is this rifle really all it's cracked up to be? it boasts 1/4" MOA. yet, I cannot find any articles on the web that mention it. I'm wondering why, if it is so good and cheap, it doesn't seem to be used much?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:02:56 PM EDT
I have an Olympic Service Match with an Ultra Match barrel. The barrel is one of the best I have ever seen. It is extremely smooth and uniform. It barely holds any fouling and is very easy to clean. Accuracy has been superb. If I do my part it will usually put most of it's shots into a nickle. I haven't scoped it yet so it may be capable of doing a bit better. I love this rifle and would definitely buy from Olympic again. I am a Colt certified armorer. I have a good bit of experience with Colts, Bushmaster and Rock River. The new Olympics I have seen (not including the Plinker) are at least as nice, if not nicer, than any of the big named manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:23:43 AM EDT
I beleive that part of the reason is that this is not new. The Ultramatch has been out for 15 years and has been shooting 1/4 MOA for years. People want NEW things, and this is old news. I've owned 3 and sold more. Each one has shot at least half inch right out of the box with just decent ammo. It's wonderful to own a rifle that you know on most days can out perform your ability to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:03:56 AM EDT
Oly SUM barrels are excelent for the $$$ and they work very well. You will be pleased with it.
Top Top