Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2003 6:37:09 PM EDT
What do you gain, if anything with the Bi-level SIR's over the satandard models.  I'm leaning towards the slimline for an M-Forgery.  But curious if i should be looking at the Bi-level as well?

What's it do that the others don't.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Cowitness an EOTech.

Edited to add that they can also allow more room for a large objective lens on a scope.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Not only does it allow an EOTech to cowitness the front sight, it also allows other equipment, i.e. OTAL lasers, to be mounted so as not to obscure the sight picture of rear mounted optics.  IMO, the ARMS #50 is the best "all-around" SIR on the market.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]
So if I want to mount an aimpoint, will it co-witness with the ARMS aimpoint mount, and a full spacer.  If I mount it foreward, on the lower part of the rail?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it will co-witness with the ARMS 22M68 and full spacer on the lower bi-level rail.  You can also buy the forward rail that covers the bi-level or get the 46 SIR and remove the forward rail. No spacer needed with the forward rail.

Ray
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top