Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2003 8:11:08 PM EDT
Hey all,
Just received today a new Bushmaster Carbon15 P97.  I have not been able to take it to the range yet, but I will review the P97 from what I have seen.
First impressions, boy is it light! Everyone at the shop just wanted to see it.  I wish it would have shipped in a carry case, like the rifles are shipped in, but smaller.  The P97 is marked Bushmaster on the side, with Lake Havasu City, AZ on the side.  The mag fits in the well perfectly.  Release does not drop the mag all the way out.  Locking the bolt back without the mag takes some getting used to due the size and weight difference.  I like the way the flash suppressor is held in place, locking balls like a high pressure shop hose.  
Let me know if you have any specific questions for me to answer regarding the P97.
Range review to follow soon.
Havoc
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Let me know if you have any specific questions for me to answer regarding the P97.
Range review to follow soon.
Havoc
View Quote

Get to the range & give us a report !!!

Take some pics too if you can.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#2]
1)  DON'T FORGET EAR PLUGS - these babies are loud loud loud  ( Great flame ball too!!!)

2) take several different types of mags.  My PO 97 loves teflon 30 rd'ers, tolerates USGI 30 rd mags, but could not feed from a Thermelt or Orlite at all.  

3) be prepared to have everyone at the range want to shoot it
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have pic's of the P97.  How do I post them?

Havoc
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]
you need to have the pictures hosted on the web.

1.  buy a membership here, AR15 offers photohosting

2.  check w/your ISP if you have webspace

3.  find a free service

then, simply hit "board code" when you are adding a post, and it'll walk you through the correct code.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top