Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 11:13:17 AM EDT
Should I sell the whole rifle, part it out, what?  I want to sell it and buy a newer preban lower with a raised fence.  I have already built an m4 upper with RAS, 14.5" barrel with Gemtech bilock, it would look better on a newer lower.  I traded a Mark 23 SOCOM for this rifle about three - four years ago, so factor that in on your decision making.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
IF YOU PART IT OUT I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THE UPPER
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one in the same condition for about $1200.  I have seen others go for about $1200 - $1300 on the EE.  If it is in original factory condition with stakes in tact on the stock, I would keep it together to sell.  If it has been modified, then go ahead and slipt her up.  That's my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
What exactly do you mean about the stock, I do not follow.  I can't believe they have come down that much.  I gave nearly 2k for mine.  I see them from time to time on Gunsamerica but I am sure that they are in rare condition, and some lack the forward assist.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The carbine stocks were pinned (or staked) at the factory to preclude them from coming loose.  They were also painted over with black paint.  If the pins/stakes are not present, then the original factory status is in question.

You see many SP1 Carbines advertised for over $1400, but I wonder how many get that price.  There were a few for sale on the EE over the last few months and some withdrew them from sale because they couldn't get their asking price.  Their prices were below $1300.

If I am not mistaken (and I could be), the SP1 Carbines did not come with the forward assist and were slab sides.  I am sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.[:D]

Best,
coulter6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top