Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2003 11:13:17 AM EDT
Should I sell the whole rifle, part it out, what? I want to sell it and buy a newer preban lower with a raised fence. I have already built an m4 upper with RAS, 14.5" barrel with Gemtech bilock, it would look better on a newer lower. I traded a Mark 23 SOCOM for this rifle about three - four years ago, so factor that in on your decision making.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:28:42 PM EDT
IF YOU PART IT OUT I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THE UPPER
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:26:27 AM EDT
I just bought one in the same condition for about $1200. I have seen others go for about $1200 - $1300 on the EE. If it is in original factory condition with stakes in tact on the stock, I would keep it together to sell. If it has been modified, then go ahead and slipt her up. That's my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 12:29:18 PM EDT
What exactly do you mean about the stock, I do not follow. I can't believe they have come down that much. I gave nearly 2k for mine. I see them from time to time on Gunsamerica but I am sure that they are in rare condition, and some lack the forward assist.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:11:03 PM EDT
The carbine stocks were pinned (or staked) at the factory to preclude them from coming loose. They were also painted over with black paint. If the pins/stakes are not present, then the original factory status is in question. You see many SP1 Carbines advertised for over $1400, but I wonder how many get that price. There were a few for sale on the EE over the last few months and some withdrew them from sale because they couldn't get their asking price. Their prices were below $1300. If I am not mistaken (and I could be), the SP1 Carbines did not come with the forward assist and were slab sides. I am sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.[:D] Best, coulter6
Top Top