Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2003 5:45:38 AM EDT
I am looking for a source for a chrome-lined (bore and chamber) 1-in-7" twist barrel with an A2 Gov't profile. I am aware that Colt offers a pre-ban barrel in this configuration. If I ground off the bayo lug and capped the threaded muzzle would this be legal for a post-ban lower? If not, is there a source for a post-ban barrel? I could turn-down my Bushy barrel, but it would still be a 1-in-9 twist. I want the faster twist for use with heavy bullets, but I don't want to give up the chrome lining.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:04:33 AM EDT
You can order one from Bushmaster. I talked to them about a month ago and they had them available. OR You could search the EE for a blue label Colt barrel (sans bayo lug) and just replace the FS with the brake of your choice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:33:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2003 6:34:05 AM EDT by Feedingcannibal]
[url=http://www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/Barrels_tbl.html]CMMG[/url] has exactly what you want.
If I ground off the bayo lug and capped the threaded muzzle would this be legal for a post-ban lower?
View Quote
Yes. You can cap the muzzle with a muzzle break.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:54:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2003 6:57:38 AM EDT by imposter]
[url]www.jtdistributing.com[/url] has them occassionally and they are good to deal with. Call them, as I don't think the barrels are listed on their website. The barrels are from some government contractor, I can't remember exactly which. I don't know if they would cut of the lug and install a brake for you, but you could send it to KKF for that. I bought a Bushmaster 1/7 20" barrel from [url]www.gunsmokeinc.com[/url], which they converted to postban for me. They did not strike me as the most organized bunch.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2003 5:24:10 PM EDT by nvcdl]
Most Colt Govt profile barrels I have come across don't have a bayonet lug as they came off Sporter rifles. they are easy to make post-ban compliant by silversoldering a brake on - I like the Smith one. Muzzle-rise is pretty much null.
Originally Posted By ks_shooter: I am looking for a source for a chrome-lined (bore and chamber) 1-in-7" twist barrel with an A2 Gov't profile. I am aware that Colt offers a pre-ban barrel in this configuration. If I ground off the bayo lug and capped the threaded muzzle would this be legal for a post-ban lower? If not, is there a source for a post-ban barrel? I could turn-down my Bushy barrel, but it would still be a 1-in-9 twist. I want the faster twist for use with heavy bullets, but I don't want to give up the chrome lining.
View Quote
Top Top