Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2003 5:45:38 AM EDT
I am looking for a source for a chrome-lined (bore and chamber) 1-in-7" twist barrel with an A2 Gov't profile.  I am aware that Colt offers a pre-ban barrel in this configuration.  If I ground off the bayo lug and capped the threaded muzzle would this be legal for a post-ban lower?  If not, is there a source for a post-ban barrel?  I could turn-down my Bushy barrel, but it would still be a 1-in-9 twist.  I want the faster twist for use with heavy bullets, but I don't want to give up the chrome lining.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You can order one from Bushmaster.  I talked to them about a month ago and they had them available.

OR

You could search the EE for a blue label Colt barrel (sans bayo lug) and just replace the FS with the brake of your choice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#2]
[url=http://www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/Barrels_tbl.html]CMMG[/url] has exactly what you want.

If I ground off the bayo lug and capped the threaded muzzle would this be legal for a post-ban lower?
View Quote

Yes.  You can cap the muzzle with a muzzle break.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.jtdistributing.com[/url] has them occassionally and they are good to deal with.  Call them, as I don't think the barrels are listed on their website.  The barrels are from some government contractor, I can't remember exactly which.  I don't know if they would cut of the lug and install a brake for you, but you could send it to KKF for that.

I bought a Bushmaster 1/7 20" barrel from [url]www.gunsmokeinc.com[/url], which they converted to postban for me.  They did not strike me as the most organized bunch.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Most Colt Govt profile barrels I have come across don't have a bayonet lug as they came off Sporter rifles.  they are easy to make post-ban compliant by silversoldering a brake on - I like the Smith one. Muzzle-rise is pretty much null.

Quoted:
I am looking for a source for a chrome-lined (bore and chamber) 1-in-7" twist barrel with an A2 Gov't profile.  I am aware that Colt offers a pre-ban barrel in this configuration.  If I ground off the bayo lug and capped the threaded muzzle would this be legal for a post-ban lower?  If not, is there a source for a post-ban barrel?  I could turn-down my Bushy barrel, but it would still be a 1-in-9 twist.  I want the faster twist for use with heavy bullets, but I don't want to give up the chrome lining.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top