Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 6:40:33 AM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with Jewell triggers?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
First, welcome to the board!  Glad to have you join us.

I just installed my first Jewell trigger about 6 weeks ago.  What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
How hard are they to install?  I read that you may have to contact Jewell in order to get the trigger set right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think they are very hard to install.  I installed a Jewell in one of my ARs without any problems.  They can be a little tricky to adjust sometimes but if you just take your time you should be able to figure it out without any problems.  They are certainly worth any trouble you might have adjusting them too.  Mine is sooo sweet.  I would definitely get another in the future.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I have a pre-ban AR I bought about 15 years ago.  And have started doing some upgrading to.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The only problem I had was with the hair-pin (the pin in the bottom left of the picture in the url link).

The directions say to install the trigger and trigger pin.  The hair-pin is held in place by the trigger pin through the hole on the hair-pin.  Then the directions say to press down on the hair-pin, install the hammer and hammer pin, then bend the hair-pin up to snap onto the hammer pin.  Trying to install the pin this way caused me to bend the hair-pin slightly.  

It was much easier to install the hammer/hammer pin then snap the hair-pin [b]down[/b] onto the hammer pin.  Does this make sense, or am I confusing the issue?

[url]http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/709049[/url]

BTW the url is linked to Midway USA.  While I LOVE them, I bought my Jewell from Georgia Precision for much cheaper.

Here's their link.

[url]http://www.georgiaprecision.com/cart/items/triggerparts.htm[/url]

Tell Tommy BookHound sent ya.  [;)]

Does this help at all?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one and really like it.  Somwhat complicated, but much better than the others I have tried.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 3 of them in my highpower AR's. I have installed about 3 others in other rifles. They can be a bit finicky about getting them set. My best advice is to read the directions thoroughly and be patient. Once you do a couple, they take no time at all to install. Better directions for installing and adjusting the Jewell are at:

[url]www.highpowerrifle.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top